No announcement yet.

Call the fire dept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get in a chlorine swimming pool for a few minutes. Cures mine every time.

Comment

Shave your legs it will help.

Comment

Here ya go chew! We always put a cup of bleach in a warm bath. Doesn't stop the itch, but it's supposed to kill the bug. X2 on the chigger X for relieving the itch.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

WORKS!

Comment

Click that link. At the top in the URL it says H. E. BUTT Grocery Co. !!!!

Comment

Its all chigger oil.

Comment

I rubbed my legs with acetone last time I got them. Worked pretty good. There is also some spray called 911 Relief that works on not only this but all kinds of stuff.

Comment

As soon as I come in from outside I rub legs and all other areas with rubbing alcohol. Seems to help prevent new bites.

Comment

The first person that says nail polish....fails.

Comment

Hot hot water will kill the itch temporarily. Gives an hour or so of relief. As hot as you can stand without burning yourself.

Comment

Happened to me last weekend. Calamine lotion works well. Don't fall for the nail polish wives tail.

Comment

Trust me on this!

Pee on it.

It will stop immediately. Also works for bull nettle sting and wasp sting.

Comment

If you have trouble peeing on it just have somebody throw a live copperhead under your feet.

Again, trust me on this!

Comment

Benadryl and Calimine lotion or cortizone cream...

Comment

My Remedy and it works for me....First sign of "itching" put clear nail polish on it. My buddy/physician says it's not true the polish "suffocates" the little Bas...ds, but I'm stubborn. Then, most important for ANY sting (wasps, bees) or chiggers...follow directions and use this: (it is prescription only but works GREAT and quickly)

*Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP 0.1%. When I had this prescribed (due to a reaction from a bee sting on my ear) I applied it once and the itching/pain was gone in a couple of hours. It took another day, still applying 3 times a day and the swelling finally started to go away, but there was NO itching/pain after the first dose. I did some research and this is a POTENT Steroid that treats inflammation at the bite site and helps reduce the allergic reaction to bites. It comes in a LARGE tube and should last for a long time so as far as I'm concerned it's Gold!

Comment

Working...
                                X