Issues with nockturnals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with nockturnals?

Anybody have any issues with the newer style nockturnals not snapping onto your string like regular factory nocks? My regular easton nocks snap on good but my nockturnals have a lot of play in them. Very loose fit on the string and it's enough that I'm worried about shooting them. Anybody else seen this with the new style since rage took them over?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have heard of issues with the new ones. On my last pack of the old ones.. What arros do you shoot and what do they take? I have some G 's that wont fit Gold tips and they are the old style

Comment

Originally posted by bowmedic View Post
      I have heard of issues with the new ones. On my last pack of the old ones.. What arros do you shoot and what do they take? I have some G 's that wont fit Gold tips and they are the old style
      Gold Tips take GT but you prolly know that by now.

I've had what I thought was every issue with a Nockturnal that a person could have except the one you mention here. Lol!

Comment

I shoot easton axis with the x nocks. The push into the arrow perfect they just fit real loose on the string

Comment

Rage owns them so they shouldn't be doing that.

Comment

Maybe they're just opening early? Lol

Comment

I'm Having the same problem. They don't snap on tjght on the string like regular nocks. Two of them, actually light up just putting them on the string. Using S nocks onBeman ICS Hunters.

Comment

They don't fit tight into arrow and rattle exiting the string. Going to try a bit of tape around them to to see if that snugs them up

Comment

I have notice mine will fall off the string while the bow is just sitting there. They fit the arrow fine but the string not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                    They don't fit tight into arrow and rattle exiting the string. Going to try a bit of tape around them to to see if that snugs them up

I use Nockturnals as well.
                    GT and S.
                    On my GT I am trying 3 colors Red, Pink and Green. Green fit loose in my shaft. They pop out when they hit the target. My red and pink I need pliers to remove from my arrows.
                    My S nocks are green. They fit snug. I shot one 4X. It popped out once....

Guy at the bow shop said to put a Walmart bag over the battery, put into the arrow and cut the bag away.

Comment

I just switched from began arrows to gold tip. I have hunted with nockturnals in both and never had any problem going from the factory nock to lighted.

Comment

Using H size with no issues with that. Do have trouble getting them to turn off all the way sometimes.

Comment

Always loved them. Bought a new pack this year. They were so tight in arrows and all 3 fit the string different. Didnt fly well. Went right back to my nocks and solved the problems. Not the same as old ones.

Comment

I shoot both the old ones and the new ones. No issues for me. Easton Axis arrows with green Nocturnals. The new ones seem to fit tighter in the arrow. On the old ones that were a little loose in the shaft I put a little piece of Saran wrap around the Nocturnal and then insert it. This works better than a Walmart or HEB bag. I tried both.

For those of y'all with them fitting loose on the string, can you just use a slightly bigger serving string?

Comment

I thought about adding onto the serving at my nock point but then I don't want my regular nocks to not fit either. They are loose enough that if I didn't have a d loop in the way I think they would just slide down the string

Comment

Working...
                              X