Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2019, 07:35 PM   #51
Txprowler
Four Point
 
Txprowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Dayton, Tx.
Hunt In: Centerville, Tx.
Default

We went to the first few years but it got to be a big driving drunk fest, with a bunch of mall crawlers..
Txprowler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2019, 07:48 PM   #52
Fargus
Ten Point
 
Fargus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Willis
Hunt In: DeWitt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
I saw there's a petition to keep the event from happening again.
Problem is that it's a public beach that allows motor vehicle traffic. This isn't a sponsored event. Just a bunch of individuals showing up at the same place at the same time. Unless they close the beach to vehicle traffic it would be fairly impossible to end it.
Fargus is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2019, 07:52 PM   #53
CEO
Ten Point
 
CEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Problem is that it's a public beach that allows motor vehicle traffic. This isn't a sponsored event. Just a bunch of individuals showing up at the same place at the same time. Unless they close the beach to vehicle traffic it would be fairly impossible to end it.
Like most petitions, doubt anything comes of it. I always thought there would be a permit process for something that big. I guess it's looked at like an unorganized gathering.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2019, 07:55 PM   #54
ShoootLow
Ten Point
 
ShoootLow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montgomery Co.
Hunt In: Most of Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Problem is that it's a public beach that allows motor vehicle traffic. This isn't a sponsored event. Just a bunch of individuals showing up at the same place at the same time. Unless they close the beach to vehicle traffic it would be fairly impossible to end it.


This^^^^^^
How do you stop a gathering at a public beach? We went for several years and the "gathering" is no longer something we want to participate in. Too many punks and millennial that don't understand the initial idea. And yes....if they aren't scratched, rusted, or dented, it's just not our crowd.
ShoootLow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2019, 07:58 PM   #55
Fargus
Ten Point
 
Fargus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Willis
Hunt In: DeWitt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
Like most petitions, doubt anything comes of it. I always thought there would be a permit process for something that big. I guess it's looked at like an unorganized gathering.
If it were a sponsored event I am sure there would be a permit process. However, it is exactly what you said, an unorganized event.
Fargus is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2019, 09:40 PM   #56
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
For anyone interested, several of the Jeep groups are breaking away from the Crystal Beach GTW and relocating to SLP or Matagorda for a more family friendly event.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Tell them Matagorda is full and they will need to go further south.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yup. Matagorda doesn’t need anymore to deal with. Most Beaches further south are still somewhat nice. They should just stay where they are.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 01:51 AM   #57
Mayhem
Pope & Young
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: porter, tx
Hunt In: crockett, county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
Yup. Matagorda doesn’t need anymore to deal with. Most Beaches further south are still somewhat nice. They should just stay where they are.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They throw Matagorda out there and im guessing most people have never actually been. Gorda is tiny and doesnt have the infrastructure to handle an event like that. Matagorda also does allow UTV on the beach on top of the beach on being maintained a few miles down. An event of this size would be a cluster of epic proportions if held in Matagorda.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 06:35 AM   #58
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
They throw Matagorda out there and im guessing most people have never actually been. Gorda is tiny and doesnt have the infrastructure to handle an event like that. Matagorda also does allow UTV on the beach on top of the beach on being maintained a few miles down. An event of this size would be a cluster of epic proportions if held in Matagorda.
that was my thoughts when I heard matty mentioned. It just wont work for very much of a crowd. And then theyd prolly make it the same weekend as one of the 100 fishin tournaments. SLP just isn't far enough away to keep the idiots at bay.

On another note I found out last night the kid that was life flighted was a family friend of ours son. I don't know much else
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 06:38 AM   #59
Mayhem
Pope & Young
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: porter, tx
Hunt In: crockett, county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
that was my thoughts when I heard matty mentioned. It just wont work for very much of a crowd. And then theyd prolly make it the same weekend as one of the 100 fishin tournaments. SLP just isn't far enough away to keep the idiots at bay.

On another note I found out last night the kid that was life flighted was a family friend of ours son. I don't know much else
Sorry to hear about your sons friend.

100 tournaments is right, the harbor is already a nightmare most day. Although the county would make a killing on the beach permits.


Surf side would be a decent choice, but im sure the locals dont want all them idiots around either.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 06:59 AM   #60
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

side note:

after seeing some of the videos if anyone is in the jeep, jacked up truck or UTV market I think a valid question is.

ever been to topless jeep weekend?

The amount of those fools driving their vehicles in waist deep in beach water !
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 07:21 AM   #61
bboswell
Pope & Young
 
bboswell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery County
Hunt In: Where ever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
They throw Matagorda out there and im guessing most people have never actually been. Gorda is tiny and doesnt have the infrastructure to handle an event like that. Matagorda also does allow UTV on the beach on top of the beach on being maintained a few miles down. An event of this size would be a cluster of epic proportions if held in Matagorda.

The people I have heard throwing out alternate locations are pushing for the move to avoid the event from being this size and mess it currently is
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 07:48 AM   #62
WItoTX
Ten Point
 
WItoTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Katy
Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Problem is that it's a public beach that allows motor vehicle traffic. This isn't a sponsored event. Just a bunch of individuals showing up at the same place at the same time. Unless they close the beach to vehicle traffic it would be fairly impossible to end it.
There are already laws on the books that could be enforced to stop at least a portion of the stupidity. You could easily hammer those people on open intoxicants, using cell phone while driving, drinking in public, drunk in public, speeding, and patrol the crap out of that area, so long as the police department knew of the event early enough to staff it.
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 08:14 AM   #63
txdrhntr
Four Point
 
txdrhntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Waxahachie
Hunt In: Young County
Default

In laws live down there and said this year was the worst year yet. 8 deaths since Friday. Prayers out for the individuals that lost their life in the midst of looking for a good time.
txdrhntr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 10:03 AM   #64
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Sad!

A bunch of grown men acting like kids. Plus drinking and driving
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 10:06 AM   #65
Hooverfb
Ten Point
 
Hooverfb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diazsjonathan8 View Post
Make a great chair to sit and play guitar. Have to watch the over size feet it the house as they really hurt when steped on
Saw a couple of your posts this morning and feel like none of them actually had anything to do with the context of the convo. Trying to increase posts for something?
Hooverfb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 10:09 AM   #66
Hooverfb
Ten Point
 
Hooverfb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
Sad!

A bunch of grown men acting like kids. Plus drinking and driving
Yeah me and a friend thought about last year. Glad we've never gone and wont be anytime soon. Plenty of idiots as is. Last time I went fishing there, bunch of old bmws being driven by teenagers thought itd be cool to spin around in the sand in a big line. Was just glad my son was already in the hummer and away where he couldn't get hurt. Ticked me off pretty good until a couple of them hit each other. Served em right. Just body damage, no injuries.
Hooverfb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 10:11 AM   #67
txhunter90
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Hunt In: Lindale
Default

https://youtu.be/kJM1NUlJmpE

There are a couple fights. Same reason we stopped going to Mud Nationals Jacksonville. Way to big, to much testosterone and not enough estrogen.
txhunter90 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 10:12 AM   #68
BitBackShot
Ten Point
 
BitBackShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Houston, TX
Hunt In: Llano County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooverfb View Post
Yeah me and a friend thought about last year. Glad we've never gone and wont be anytime soon. Plenty of idiots as is.
I know it wasn't your intention, but this reads as a self-proclamation that you're an idiot.
BitBackShot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 10:18 AM   #69
Hooverfb
Ten Point
 
Hooverfb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitBackShot View Post
I know it wasn't your intention, but this reads as a self-proclamation that you're an idiot.
Not sure how unless having ever gone to Crystal Beach means I'm an idiot.. no offense taken though. Just mean that I see plenty of idiots every time i go to crystal beach.

Or cause i missed a word typing that ... thought about *going* last year until we heard how raucous it is.
Hooverfb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 10:21 AM   #70
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

From the reports it looks like a nice gathering of D.B.s... ugh.

But then again 99.9% of people in any sort of club gathering together around their particular vehicle type are D.B.s...

I would honestly love to see a prohibition against driving on beaches in TX.
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 11:03 AM   #71
SabreKiller
Ten Point
 
SabreKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kerrville, Texas
Hunt In: Terrell and Val Verde County
Default

I don't think it will matter where anyone goes to avoid it. Sooner or later the word will get out that the're another one and the schitt show will soon make it there.
SabreKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 11:09 AM   #72
MacDaddy67
Ten Point
 
MacDaddy67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Go Topless is the white mans version of Kappa Alpha.....

Doesn't take many DB to ruin it for everyone
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 11:10 AM   #73
KDinTX
Ten Point
 
KDinTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hewitt
Hunt In: Bosque Co., Henderson Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreKiller View Post
I don't think it will matter where anyone goes to avoid it. Sooner or later the word will get out that the're another one and the schitt show will soon make it there.
Yep, regardless of where or what it is, once it hits social media, everyone thinks its the next new thing and all goes to hell.
KDinTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 11:20 AM   #74
droebuck
Eight Point
 
droebuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Menard County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
From the reports it looks like a nice gathering of D.B.s... ugh.

But then again 99.9% of people in any sort of club gathering together around their particular vehicle type are D.B.s...

I would honestly love to see a prohibition against driving on beaches in TX.
Easy now some of us like to drive down the beach and fish the surf every now and then.
droebuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 11:44 AM   #75
zr2chevy22
Ten Point
 
zr2chevy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Santa Fe, TX
Hunt In: Diboll, TX
Default

What caused ALOT of the issues was it was also the weekend they had MAGA Beach Bash Party going on that's why Rednecks with Paychecks group was there, not for the jeep weekend but for the MAGA Beach Bash Party. The Go Topless Jeep Weekend has been invaded by other groups having their "Beach Party" at the same time to up attendance.
zr2chevy22 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 11:49 AM   #76
jds247
Ten Point
 
jds247's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bridge city Texas
Hunt In: Jasper county newton county and sabine county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by droebuck View Post
Easy now some of us like to drive down the beach and fish the surf every now and then.
Yep I even drive my jeep down the beach early in the morning looking for birds diving on bait.. all of the fighting videos and story's I've heard from people that live there it was the kids causing most of the trouble..
jds247 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 01:50 PM   #77
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by droebuck View Post
Easy now some of us like to drive down the beach and fish the surf every now and then.
I feel ya, I'm not against that at all but the way the beaches are treated here by so many people is just disgraceful...
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 01:51 PM   #78
Mike
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Orange, Texas
Default

Here's a thought, why does it have to be a beach? I think they choose the Crystal Beach area to get away from the law and they know resources will be limited on LEO. I know there used to be huge meets at the Gulf Greyhound Park in Lamarque in years past and those were all the drifting, super cars, mustangs, corvettes and such. You never heard about any issues at those get togethers.

My sister has a nice place down there and they go specifically to keep an eye on theirs and the neighbors places. They are 5-6 cabins off the beach in a quiet neighborhood, mostly retired folks and only 2 rentals in the immediate area. She said they had people urinating & defecating under the vacant cabins, showering in outside showers, random people washing off vehicles with water hoses and such. Just no care for others property whatsoever. What started out as a small local gathering has turned into an overgrown free for all. When a business like the Stingaree closes for the safety of their employees, it's out of hand.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 02:20 PM   #79
-HIC-
Ten Point
 
-HIC-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Willow City & Junction
Default

These **** young spoiled white kids are acting like they are monkeys. As someone else noticed this looks like Kappa Beach Party, Part Duex - Bleached.

I know we all went to have fun when younger and I am sure if videoed we looked foolish throwing beads for flashes, etc. But we never had any gun-play, people being run over or the like. Hell if you showed up in a 16 valve Cummins you were the talk of the beach. How in the world are kids showing up with what looks to be 40-50k worth of modded UTV.. If this was a Bernie rally I could appreciate the yard defecation, they have to dump and sharing some with others, but I only saw Trump flags.

Things are insane, and yes I know some of these where adults but my points apply to the young adults as well.
-HIC- is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 02:24 PM   #80
WItoTX
Ten Point
 
WItoTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Katy
Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I know there used to be huge meets at the Gulf Greyhound Park in Lamarque in years past and those were all the drifting, super cars, mustangs, corvettes and such. You never heard about any issues at those get togethers.
We do autocross at the greyhound park actually. Lots of fun, and no one dies even with cars flying around the track.

I totally agree with your sentiment. Young kids with too much money and not enough parents is the problem.

Last edited by WItoTX; 05-20-2019 at 02:25 PM. Reason: .
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 03:11 PM   #81
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

The Jungle is living up to it's name. We used to frequent the area for spring break and holidays. It's always been like that after dark. Tons of fights, cops. Etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 03:18 PM   #82
88 Bound
Ten Point
 
88 Bound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Sutton/Val Verde/Edwards
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WItoTX View Post
There are already laws on the books that could be enforced to stop at least a portion of the stupidity. You could easily hammer those people on open intoxicants, using cell phone while driving, drinking in public, drunk in public, speeding, and patrol the crap out of that area, so long as the police department knew of the event early enough to staff it.
You obviously haven't been around when one of these events goes down. There are just too many people for any of that to be enforced with any level of effectiveness. It's a great theory though.
88 Bound is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 03:59 PM   #83
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Bound View Post
You obviously haven't been around when one of these events goes down. There are just too many people for any of that to be enforced with any level of effectiveness. It's a great theory though.
It could be an awesome fund-raising event for local LEOs from ticket revenue if they staffed for it appropriately... jussaying
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 04:00 PM   #84
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Napalm might be a good option too... could make a decent dent in the DB population...
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 04:29 PM   #85
breederbuck33
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Beaumont
Default

You've got the DBs from everywhere coming over to Crystal Beach for this deal. All the hillbillies that like to do the Rednecks with Paychecks thing. Then all the idiots coming over from Houston. I accidently found myself down there a few years ago during that weekend, and will never make that mistake again. Pure ignorance for miles down that beach. People have to realize that it is feast of famine for the officers on that island. I'd imagine it is hard to prepare for something like that.
breederbuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 04:45 PM   #86
Budman68
Ten Point
 
Budman68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default

My son goes every year and he said this year was an S show. I think he said one of the old timers mention it was on par with spring breakers of the 90's. Not sure if I should take that as a complement or not. LOL
Budman68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 06:06 PM   #87
Snowflake Killa
Ten Point
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Let them have there fun remember you were young once.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 06:20 PM   #88
jds247
Ten Point
 
jds247's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bridge city Texas
Hunt In: Jasper county newton county and sabine county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman68 View Post
My son goes every year and he said this year was an S show. I think he said one of the old timers mention it was on par with spring breakers of the 90's. Not sure if I should take that as a complement or not. LOL
I don't remember us being that bad in the 90's . Maybe I'm just older now..
jds247 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 06:29 PM   #89
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds247 View Post
I don't remember us being that bad in the 90's . Maybe I'm just older now..
Oh yeah. It was super bad at night.

My first time to Port A in 87 for spring break there was a riot and fires. Some guy ran over a chick. They turned his car over and lit it ablaze. A mob mentality ensued and they burned down several of the wood porta potty style bathrooms.

Crystal Beach in the 90s was the same redneck white trash. Rebel flags, pit bulls. Tight wranglers with boots and no shirt. Vidor was in the house. Lol. Tons of fights.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 06:33 PM   #90
Dang_ol
Four Point
 
Dang_ol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: LaPorte
Hunt In: Corrigan,TX, louisiana, colorado
Default

i know a guy that was part of the group that originally started go topless on the beach, even he said it is out of hand and does not go anymore.
Dang_ol is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 06:38 PM   #91
Lungbustr
Pope & Young
 
Lungbustr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds247 View Post
I don't remember us being that bad in the 90's . Maybe I'm just older now..
No it wasnt bad, they would just handcuff tons of people and drive them across the ferry, a school bus load at a time to Galveston County Jail. I'm sure they were all sweet little angel's minding their own business, doing no wrong.

Constantly sheriff's dept riding on the edge of the dunes behind the crowd on horseback, patrol vehicles closer to the water. Pretty effective.

More than enough booze and fights for anyone.

Your memory must be fading on you.
Lungbustr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 06:43 PM   #92
Fargus
Ten Point
 
Fargus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Willis
Hunt In: DeWitt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
Let them have there fun remember you were young once.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Sure. Problem is that this 'event' started off as a family friendly event for Jeep CJ/Wrangler owners to gather, have a good time, and show off their rigs. Unfortunately the moniker of "Go Topless" has brought out the less desirables and the atmosphere has changed.
Fargus is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 06:58 PM   #93
jds247
Ten Point
 
jds247's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bridge city Texas
Hunt In: Jasper county newton county and sabine county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Oh yeah. It was super bad at night.

My first time to Port A in 87 for spring break there was a riot and fires. Some guy ran over a chick. They turned his car over and lit it ablaze. A mob mentality ensued and they burned down several of the wood porta potty style bathrooms.

Crystal Beach in the 90s was the same redneck white trash. Rebel flags, pit bulls. Tight wranglers with boots and no shirt. Vidor was in the house. Lol. Tons of fights.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Easy now I grew up in vidor lol..
jds247 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 07:01 PM   #94
jds247
Ten Point
 
jds247's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bridge city Texas
Hunt In: Jasper county newton county and sabine county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lungbustr View Post
No it wasnt bad, they would just handcuff tons of people and drive them across the ferry, a school bus load at a time to Galveston County Jail. I'm sure they were all sweet little angel's minding their own business, doing no wrong.

Constantly sheriff's dept riding on the edge of the dunes behind the crowd on horseback, patrol vehicles closer to the water. Pretty effective.

More than enough booze and fights for anyone.

Your memory must be fading on you.
I remember the buses they would wait until it was full before they left the beach.. got cuffed a couple times but never had to take the ride..
jds247 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 07:14 PM   #95
Fargus
Ten Point
 
Fargus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Willis
Hunt In: DeWitt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lungbustr View Post
they would just handcuff tons of people and drive them across the ferry, a school bus load at a time to Galveston County Jail. I'm sure they were all sweet little angel's minding their own business, doing no wrong.

Constantly sheriff's dept riding on the edge of the dunes behind the crowd on horseback, patrol vehicles closer to the water.

Your memory must be fading on you.
This should probably be implemented again. Do this for several years in a row and the s*** show will go away.
Fargus is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 07:41 PM   #96
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Sure. Problem is that this 'event' started off as a family friendly event for Jeep CJ/Wrangler owners to gather, have a good time, and show off their rigs. Unfortunately the moniker of "Go Topless" has brought out the less desirables and the atmosphere has changed.
Bingo bango!!

We went to one of the first. I would take my 16 year old who drives the jeep we drove now.

Today, not so much

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 08:01 PM   #97
CEO
Ten Point
 
CEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
Let them have there fun remember you were young once.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
A friend of mine, who would be in his mid 70's now, told me a story about his fraternity going to Matagorda in his early 20's. They got in all kinds of trouble and were told to never come back.

We were visiting them at their beach house there when he told the story. Kids have been acting a fool at the beach for a loooong time.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 08:23 PM   #98
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
This should probably be implemented again. Do this for several years in a row and the s*** show will go away.
No. It won't....because it hasn't.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 08:28 PM   #99
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Sure. Problem is that this 'event' started off as a family friendly event for Jeep CJ/Wrangler owners to gather, have a good time, and show off their rigs. Unfortunately the moniker of "Go Topless" has brought out the less desirables and the atmosphere has changed.
Move it to a nice state park or something. The jungle is not the place. Lol. They used to sell shirts that said the jungle on the beach.

The wild party used to be south of Galveston at Jamaica and Indian Beaches. That is why they banned alcohol at all Galveston Island beaches except one. Then the party moved to Crystal Beach.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 05-20-2019 at 08:31 PM.
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2019, 08:35 PM   #100
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
Let them have there fun remember you were young once.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I'm all for fun until they start trashing the place and hurting people.
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com