No announcement yet.

Any Mountain Bike Riders in here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat Rock Ranch - near Comfort Texas, is the best MTB trail near San Antonio. It's a 19 mile single loop - Intermediate to Advanced with some serious elevation changes. Grades 3% - 17%. They stage sanctioned races here.

Leon Creek Bike Trail - west of San Antonio, runs 13 miles. It has sections that are off pavement - around the mid and North sections of the bike path. The main track is paved sidewalk - through greenbelt areas, lot of wildlife and a decent quiet workout on an easier tract. As you pedal along the paved section, you will see dirt paths out into the rugged brush and Leon Creek drainage zone.

About 300 miles of bike paths in San Antonio - paved variety. Along those paved routes are dirt/rock paths - dozens of them. I will ride 30 - 40 miles just for cardio on the paved/dirt stuff in a day - at times. Lot of various riders and bike types - street dudes ride mixed with MTB
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AtTheWall; 02-21-2020, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Old thread but it seems like the best mountain bike thread. Started looking for a bike back in April and little did I know everything would be sold out all over.

After some research I finally found what I wanted... Commencal Meta HT AM. I ordered Aug 2 and it finally came yesterday after almost 5 months.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by austinRecurve; 01-01-2021, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Holy cow! 5 months is a long time! A belated Christmas present!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
          Round Rock rider here. Me and my daughters are all over brushy creek!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Brushy Creek can be pretty technical. Great trail though. I quit riding my mountain bike several years back. Really would like to start again. I never was a great rider but spent a lot of time on Lake Georgetown trails, Dana Peak and several others. I have a 2012 model Santa Cruz Tallboy Lt that's in great shape. I need to get my fat a** back on it.

Dave

Comment

Looking to get into it. Looked at a haro today. Double peak sport 29. Anyone have any experience with haro?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                Looking to get into it. Looked at a haro today. Double peak sport 29. Anyone have any experience with haro?
                No experience with Haro, but ride the absolute snot out of it!! #sendit #fullsend

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post

No experience with them, I ride a Santa Cruz.

Not sure what type of riding your looking to do, but you can find some higher end bikes that are used for good prices if your patient.

You looking for x country riding or mainly local trails where you live?

Comment

I don't know...those things look like a cardiac arrest waiting to happen.

Comment

I used to ride pretty consistently a couple years back. Last time I rode was a week before my wedding. We hit some downhill stuff and I went back up for seconds. When I came to the step down I tried to drop a gear to get some extra speed to clear a gap and my gears slipped. Came off the step down and knocked myself out cold. There’s still a 30 minute gap I don’t remember and I had actually forgotten that I was getting married for about an hour and a half lol I haven’t ridden trails since then and not sure that I will. I’ve got too much of my free time occupied by fishing and hunting to pick up another hobby anyways!

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                        I’ve gotten into riding over the last 6-8 weeks after buying a nice, used Scott from a buddy at work.

Does anyone know of any good trails to ride in Fredericksburg? I’m headed there next weekend for a wedding. Either gonna bike or hike. 6 weeks until WY elk hunting!

Outstanding trails. Not exactly in Fredericksburg but not too far either.

Comment

Just got my bike back in working order. Anyone ride around the San Angelo area? Looking to ride to get some exercise in. Zero experiance on actual trail riding so would like to ride some beginner trails.

I was thinking of exploring the state park and the twin butes areas. Any suggestions are welcome.

Comment

Not many mountains around Houston but I've enjoyed riding the trails at Lake Houston wilderness park and Double Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

Burleson's Chisenhall trail map. Plenty of parking at the ball fields parking lots. About 10 miles of trail total.

Mike,
                              Ronda and I just got us some Trek Marlin 5's. Since we live in Alvarado we should ride together...

Comment

Originally posted by austinRecurve View Post
                                Old thread but it seems like the best mountain bike thread. Started looking for a bike back in April and little did I know everything would be sold out all over.

After some research I finally found what I wanted... Commencal Meta HT AM. I ordered Aug 2 and it finally came yesterday after almost 5 months.

Nice to see the old thread revived. Welcome to the club. That Meta is an awesome bike! I love all of their stuff. Where do you ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X