Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Black Bear Hunt Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went twice with Rock Ridge Outfitters in Canada. Really enjoyed it both times and shot P&Y bears with my bow both times. Affordable, COMFORTABLE and really nice people

Comment

Black bear in AK should be nowhere close to 25k. That is a Grizzly/Brown bear hunt.

I have zero desire to shoot a bear over bait but don't care if someone does.

Homer Ocean (Homer, AK) - I think its about $3000pp or so...

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
        If you’re really into the idea of hunting AK, I’d look around. I can’t think of any black bear hunt up there that would even come close to $25k. It can be done for no more than what a blacktail hunt costs or even cheaper. $5k is even still pretty high for a bear hunt.
        The boat based hunts on Prince of Wales are up around $10,000 all in.

Comment

Originally posted by Hughiam View Post
          The boat based hunts on Prince of Wales are up around $10,000 all in.
          Yes those are pricey due to demand and a lot of folks prefer to have the convenience of a boat/lodge. I meant more along the lines of DIY/semi-guided drop camp hunts or road/trail head based.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
            Do you have their website? I could not find it.

They don’t have a website. They are on Facebook and Instagram under Big Tine Adventures. Can’t figure out how to link they’re Facebook page from my phone. It might be 2022 before Canada is open again, just saw it might be heading that way for South Africa again too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
              Black bear in AK should be nowhere close to 25k. That is a Grizzly/Brown bear hunt.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ht=bear+alaska

Comment

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ht=bear+alaska
                Yes, it was Black Bear / Grizzly combo, and I personally don't care about the grizz. Pretty sure that is what is jacking the cost up. I really would like to do an Alaskan hunt though so I can cross Alaska off the list. Would love to be able sprinkle in a fishing trip too. Thank you for the info!

Unfortunately your pics are not showing up. Did I miss what outfitter you used?
                Last edited by Hockley; 01-26-2021, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Yes, it was Black Bear / Grizzly combo, and I personally don't care about the grizz. Pretty sure that is what is jacking the cost up. I really would like to do an Alaskan hunt though so I can cross Alaska off the list. Would love to be able sprinkle in a fishing trip too. Thank you for the info!

Unfortunately your pics are not showing up. Did I miss what outfitter you used?
                  Pictures look fine to me. Hrmm... anyway it’s homerocean.com

Comment

i wanna go on a black bear hunt

Comment

Pictures look fine to me. Hrmm... anyway it’s homerocean.com
                      Thanks. They work for me now, looks like a sweet trip and exactly what I'd be looking for! I will look them up.

Comment

3 of us are considering Getty’s lease in Arkansas this year. Over 1000 acres, 400.00 a piece. Out of state licensing is affordable. By buddy works there but is from Texas. Said there’s tons of black bear there.

Comment

I did this hunt. Spot and stalk with lots of bears. Highly recommended,

With all the comforts of home but still with access to amazing black bear hunting terrain, this is a popular hunt for its ease. This page describes our lodge black bear hunts.
                          Last edited by M16; 02-01-2021, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                            DIY / semi guided in Alaska by boat
                            https://ninilchik.com/alaska-hunting...-bear-hunting/
                            I’m the operations manager now for this company. We do have a few spots left for this Spring in Prince William Sound and Homer and It can be done for under $5k.

Comment

So I would like to either plan a Spring Black Bear hunt or book an outfitter. I'm literally starting at step zero, know nothing about it. I did look into an outfitter in Alaska, which would be REALLY cool, but it looks like it is going to run in the range of $25K to do that hunt. While it isn't out of the question, I'm kind of looking around to see other options.

Check your dm sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X