• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Fish

Small Fish
    Cindy Hess Kasper
    Come, follow me. Matthew 19:21

Over several years, a British couple living in West Africa developed a strong friendship with a man in their town and many times shared the love of Jesus and the story of salvation with him. Their friend, however, was reluctant to relinquish the lifetime of allegiance he had to another religion, even though he came to recognize that faith in Christ was “the greater truth.” His concern was partly financial, since he was a leader in his faith and depended on the compensation he received. He also feared losing his reputation among the people in his community.
    With sadness, he explained, “I’m like a man fishing with my hands in a stream. I have caught a small fish in one, but a bigger fish is swimming by. To catch the bigger fish, I have to let go of the smaller one!”
    The rich young ruler Matthew wrote about in Matthew 19 had a similar problem. When he approached Jesus, he asked, “What good thing must I do to get eternal life?” (v. 16). He seemed sincere, but he didn’t want to fully surrender his life to Jesus. He was rich, not only in money, but also in his pride of being a rule-follower. Although he desired eternal life, he loved something else more and rejected Christ’s words.
    When we humbly surrender our life to Jesus and accept His free gift of salvation, He invites us, “Come, follow me” (v. 21).
    What one thing does Jesus require of us to receive salvation and the promise of eternal life with Him? What’s keeping you from fully surrendering to Him?
    Dear Father, thank You for offering Your Son as payment for my sin. Help me to surrender wholly to You.
    Dr. Stanley

Amen!

Comment

Amen Bro. Bill

Comment

Amen

Comment

Sadly, many hold on to the small fish. Good illustration. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Amen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
              Sadly, many hold on to the small fish. Good illustration. Thanks for sharing.
              Amen!!

Comment

Thank you Bill.
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-22-2021, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Thanks. Bro. Bill

Comment

Amen! Thanks for posting

Comment

Look forward to your posts every time sir !
                        Thanks for sharing and thank you for your dedication.

Comment

Amen

Comment

Amen

Thank you for posting.

Comment

Working...
                            X