No announcement yet.

Krivomann Blind Buried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I buried mine about 8 inches down to completely seal off scent. Seems to work well as I have killed two mature bucks straight down wind from it.

Comment

I like that a lot. Will be cool to hunt at eye level like that.

Comment

Will be interesting to see how this works out. Usually digging a "pit blind" is to allow you to stand while shooting, while keeping you at a lower level. Since you can't stand up in a Krivoman it seems like you may be shooting up if you get too low. Just an observation. Hopefully it works out well for you. Hope to see some LDPs with some huge deer. Good luck this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I like the concept ala Africa but I hope you put a floor in that hole first because that’s gonna be a dirty, dusty mofo everytime you move you feet in that thing.
          You will like it until a black mamba comes slithering in the shooting window

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
            You will like it until a black mamba comes slithering in the shooting window

I like the shooting angle but, true....the only blind I have helped bury stateside ended up becoming a rattlesnake pit. Not a fun thing to step into in the dark. It was eventually burned in place.

Comment

Originally posted by MidlandTXHunter View Post
              No idea about rain, but we don't get much of that stuff. Will keep the wind from blowing it away, maybe get a little lower for deer line of sight. Just thought it would be interesting to try really.

Keep us posted this season and let us know how you like it please. Also if you do get rain, how it holds up. Mine are just sitting on the ground. I took a hammer drill and drilled holes into the ground/rock then drove about 2’ of all thread in the ground and placed washers and nuts on the blind to secure it in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper87 View Post
                I buried mine about 8 inches down to completely seal off scent. Seems to work well as I have killed two mature bucks straight down wind from it.
                How'd you'd shoot them with the window closed?

Comment

Our ground is entirely too rocky to do this, but I love the idea. I’d think if you dug it out more, placed a horse stall mat on the ground and then bolted the blind through the horse stall mat before covering the hole back up, it would be sealed pretty tightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                    How'd you'd shoot them with the window closed?

Took the words right outta my mouth [emoji23]

Comment

I like it a lot and would bury mine up to the bottom of the windows if I could. Here in east Texas if you dig a hole it will fill up with water

Comment

I leave the windows shut until it’s time to shoot. I put window screens on the frames to almost eliminate the glare when you open the windows. Shut the vent.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper87 View Post
                          I leave the windows shut until it’s time to shoot. I put window screens on the frames to almost eliminate the glare when you open the windows. Shut the vent.

Dang! You hunt October in Texas with the windows and vent shut? I think I would die.

Comment

Reaper do u shoot through the screen? Did you just screw the frame to the outside of your blind?

Comment

Originally posted by MidlandTXHunter View Post
                              No idea about rain, but we don't get much of that stuff. Will keep the wind from blowing it away, maybe get a little lower for deer line of sight. Just thought it would be interesting to try really.
                              All good reasons bud....I think it's cool. I'm about to put one atop a nine foot tower.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I may do something similar in a spot I have in South Texas... Only I'd just dig a hole down about 18" and make the hole small enough that I could set my Krivoman blind over it. That would allow me to shoot standing up... Had a pit blind at my old lease for years... It was a hole I dug in caliche about waist deep, then put a wire dome over it and covered it in camo. Best blind I ever hunted out of... Killed many animals out of it... Chew's killed a few from it as have other TBH'er's over the years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HoleInTheGround2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	24628163

Name:	HoleInTheGround-1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	24628164

Name:	IMGP0617.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	24628165

If you look carefully, you can see the feeder in the external LCD screen... This was a great set up. A Krivoman blind would lend itself very well to something like this!

Name:	IMGP0616.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	24628166

Comment

Working...
                                X