No announcement yet.

I Can Handle This on August 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you just trying to rub it in?! Think its 103 here right now !!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      Yep. Iowa doesn't get too cold in the winter, and you live in the far prettier part of the state if you are south of Des Moines.

But it also gets Houston levels of heat and humidity in the summer.
      That's the part that surprised me the most living there. I expected the freezing cold, but not the hot humidity. August in Iowa is no different than August in Texas.

Comment

I was in Colorado for 2 weeks. Morning coffee was 48 afternoon fishing was 74.......I don’t care if winters are 50 below as long as summers aren’t miserable

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
          That's the part that surprised me the most living there. I expected the freezing cold, but not the hot humidity. August in Iowa is no different than August in Texas.
          Ok. Whatever you say.[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

The last time I was in Iowa, we left that morning and it was 6*, snow on top of ice. It was a butt puckering 100 or so miles in a two wheel drive Excursion. As soon as I got home, I traded for a four wheel drive Excursion. Pretty country though and the deer trails look like cow trails !

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              I was in Colorado for 2 weeks. Morning coffee was 48 afternoon fishing was 74.......I don’t care if winters are 50 below as long as summers aren’t miserable
              I agree.

I lived 64.5 years in the DFW area. Born and raised in Mesquite. We lived the last 15 years in Arlington. I was tired of the heat, but mainly the traffic and craziness. I have heard one crop duster today and seen one tractor and one car go by today.

Here is the deal. We are retired. If the weather gets bad in the winter we just don't go anywhere. Heck....we don't go anywhere anyway. I just piddle around our farm. We have a nice garden and of course I look forward to deer season. The most snow we have had in the two winters so far is about 8-9 inches at one time. If and when we do get a big snow storm I have a brand new Kubota tractor with a front end loader and box scraper that I can plow my driveway with....if I feel like it or if I need to.

Almost every day I walk up to Northeast corner above the house. I just look around and wish I would have moved here 10 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                Ok. Whatever you say.[emoji38]

I understand that today is different, or even this week, but I spent enough time at the Iowa state fair in August sweating my butt off to know. Ain't no pork chop on a stick worth that

By the way, only about 90 today in DFW. I even went for a nice run today at lunch

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                  I understand that today is different, or even this week, but I spent enough time at the Iowa state fair in August sweating my butt off to know. Ain't no pork chop on a stick worth that

By the way, only about 90 today in DFW. I even went for a nice run today at lunch
                  You know what a big deal the fairs are up here. The county fairs and the state fair. Everyone is wrecked (us too) because our county fair has been cancelled. This is only the 5th time in the 165 year history that the Iowa State Fair has been cancelled. The other 4 times were the last 4 years of WW ll.

Comment

7 days man. 7 measley days. I cannot wait!

Comment

I don't mind the cold. You get cold and you put on another layer. When it's hot like it is here you can only take so many layers off then you just have to live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                        7 days man. 7 measley days. I cannot wait!
                        It will be great to see you and Celeste !!

Comment

Working...
                        X