Vortex Scope for 300 Blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex Scope for 300 Blackout

Just bought the Ruger American BO. Need to scope it.

Shot will primarily be subsonic, 50 yards or less.

What should I be looking at for a scope. Vortex seems to be the go-to these days for a reasonably priced scope. Just curious which would be the best in my scenario.

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
    Just bought the Ruger American BO. Need to scope it.

Shot will primarily be subsonic, 50 yards or less.

What should I be looking at for a scope. Vortex seems to be the go-to these days for a reasonably priced scope. Just curious which would be the best in my scenario.
    I would get one of their 1-6x models. I think mine is the Strike Eagle and I like it.

Comment

50 yards or less, why get a scope? Just use a red dot??

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the vortex strike eagles on my ar blackouts, and a Nikon300 black 2-7 on my bolt gun.

I’d sell the Nikon to help fund another 1-8 strike eagle. When developing loads the 2-7 reticle covers up my bullseye at 50+ yards so it’s difficult to fine tune rounds or groups.

The red dot is another great option for 50 yard shots, and not needing to have the smallest groups possible.

Jason Slocum

Comment

I have a crossfire 2 3-9 on mine. It's more than I need but it's great

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
            50 yards or less, why get a scope? Just use a red dot??

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

^ That’s not a bad idea.

Comment

I use these on several guns. 41 mag pistol to 308 rifle. On my AR .223 they will hold under 2" groups @ 100 yds. They will take all the recoil you can stand. Shoot with both eyes wide open for fastest target acquisition. https://www.amazon.com/Browning-1290.../dp/B0038OW1W0

Comment

mil dot scope sighted in at 100 will be pretty darn close to one mil every 25 yards in either direction from 50 to 200 ... aside from that ... too many options ...

Comment

At the risk of not answering your question directly about subs... I wouldn't hamstring yourself to 50 yards. Mine (Rem 700) is plenty accurate to 200 yards with supers. You'll be popping rabbits or raccoons at 100 yards no problem. Love my blackouts, It's such a fun round.

I have a Vortex Razor LH 1.5-8 on mine it's about perfect. This doe was 186 yards, and that's about as far as I'll push it, but it's killed plenty at 20 yards too.

Comment

I also have a Vortex Viper Gen II 1-6 on my 300blk AR. That's a darn good scope for the money, but that Razor LH is a much better fit on a bolt gun IMO. The Razor LH 2-10 are easier to find used than the 1.5-8. The 2-10 is good too, I used to have that on mine, but took it off when I saw the 1.5-8 come up for sale.

Comment

Working...
                    X