Camo for days like today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camo for days like today

Looking to improve my setup to include gear for colder weather. What did you go with, there are so many brands. I'm strongly considering going wool. Love to hear some feedback

This is my cold / bad weather sitting gear
    Only need a light pair of pants and a long sleeve shirt underneath underneath for temps down to freezing, below 32 I just add some
    Mid layer

The Super Down PRO Hooded Jacket is purpose built for low-level activity when temperatures plunge. It's sized to fit over your base and mid-layers and is insulated with 5 oz of 850+FP Quixdown. Our down is treated with TORAY's DWR, so each individual down cluster is impervious to water and keeps its insulating loft eve

Our Gale Force Pant features waterproof protection, body-mapped insulation and an uncompromised fit, all in one. Shop hunting bibs and more at KUIU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

First lite solitude coat and bibs. Wool base layers are more important and versatile in a little warmer weather. I don't throw an actual coat on these days unless it's windy or below freezing.

Comment

Mr Buddy Heater [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Comment

Rivers West waterproof fleece

Comment

Lots of quality layers. I have both Sitka and Kuiu for days like this, but the outer layers I like the best for strong N wind days is my Cabelas Wooltimate Windshear jacket and pants.

Comment

I guess I'm old fashion. I have on plenty of layers, a Carhartt coat, and bibbs. But i could see myself trying some of the clothes suggested.

Comment

Keep an eye on camofire. They run some good deals on cold weather gear.

Comment

Sitka down

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                    Mr Buddy Heater [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]
                    Pretty much! A nice 5x6 Big Country bow blind and a Mr. Buddy heater. I can’t do cold anymore.

I do have some Kings Camo that I use for the cooler weather in a tripod.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                      Lots of quality layers. I have both Sitka and Kuiu for days like this, but the outer layers I like the best for strong N wind days is my Cabelas Wooltimate Windshear jacket and pants.
                      This. I got the wooltimate a few years back and usually wear a t shirt and shorts under it. one morning it was 22 out and i wore a pair of pants and a long sleeve compression shirt and was just fine. it really does cut the wind

Comment

Normally it would be just my layering setup of Kryptek gear with Cadog Pants and Njord jacket for outerwear. But recently a buddy of mine hooked me up with a set of Drake Guardian Elite Bibs and Jacket in bottomland so when the temps plummet and I’m going to be sitting in a deer stand those are what I’ll wear. Since I’m done for the season I’ll just sit at home and stay warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The cabelas wooltimate is hard to beat. Has the windshear. Have the hoodie, vest and pants. Never had to layer vest with hoodie.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sitka Stratus or Fanatic are great for stopping a cold wind. I’d choose the Stratus because it’s more versatile for other weather

I sold my Cabelas Wooltimate because it was too heavy for my liking.

Comment

Working...
                            X