Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-01-2022, 03:18 PM   #1
gneimeth
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rosanky and Big Lake
Default 2022 APR TBH Deal?

Any word on if this is gonna happen and timing?

G.
gneimeth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-01-2022, 04:39 PM   #2
jeffpg
Ten Point

Hunt In: All of USA & Africa

It’s a little bit early to be worrying about it yet but yes, I’m quite sure this will continue to happen. It’s a great service that APR provides for us here & I for one hope that it’s actually becoming somewhat of a tradition.

I believe that APR is experiencing the benefits of their good work through rapid growth & I’m sure the crew at the shop has pretty much been hammered with by the demands that brings as of late.

I bet if we sit back & wait patiently Robert will come out with his annual intro thread for this years group build event...
Dangit, now you’ve got me all excited with the anticipation! ����
jeffpg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-01-2022, 08:37 PM   #3
trophy8
Pope & Young

Think they are still working on the rest of last years builds.
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-01-2022, 10:37 PM   #4
duckhunter175
Eight Point

I'm sure they will roll something out now that we are 22.5 hours into 2022!

I have to imagine that the continued scarcity and long lead times on components will play a major role in what gets offered, the options available, and certainly the deposit.
duckhunter175 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2022, 11:44 AM   #5
Stick1
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hardeman

Thanks for bringing this up. It's a good question, and one I don't have an answer to yet. Its usually based around something new or different that hits the market combined with some significant cost savings wherever I can find it. I haven't seen anything really ground breaking this year and price increases have already hit, or will be coming on a lot of components this year. And, yes....lead times are going to stretch on a lot of things just like they did last year. I'd like to avoid those components if possible, but it will also limit our options.

If the past is any indication, we'll go through a whole bunch of cool ideas but ultimately end up at a lighter weight hunting rifle concept for most. I'll feel bad for a few folks who really wanted a chassis platform and throw in an option for that at the last minute(although there is a great option here this year). Haha. All of the options will be a great value, but will be priced much higher than the old Remington based builds we did years ago which will exclude a lot of folks from being able to participate. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out a good way around that yet. Anyway, that's a lot to go through just to end up at the same place we've ended up the last several years.

Knowing all of that......and knowing I have solid relationships and delivery schedules with Defiance, AG composites, Proof Research and Brux is coming on line quickly to fill the gaps Muller can't keep up with........does it just make more sense to offer a significant TBH discount on our existing production rifles this year? Those rifles already have a discount built into them, so a TBH deal on top of that would go even further. It would allow for multiple platform options and price points for everyone participating. Component delivery times and actual build times would be much more predictable and palatable as well.

I'd be interested to hear everyone's thoughts on that idea, or any other ideas on what ya'll would like to see.
Stick1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2022, 11:51 AM   #6
HOOKNBULLET2
Eight Point

Hunt In: Blanco

I’d buy an APR Classic Hunter tomorrow if you offer a TBH special on it.
HOOKNBULLET2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2022, 01:23 PM   #7
TXHunter12
Ten Point

Sounds like a good offer. I’d be in.
TXHunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2022, 01:35 PM   #8
gneimeth
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick1 View Post
Thanks for bringing this up. It's a good question, and one I don't have an answer to yet. Its usually based around something new or different that hits the market combined with some significant cost savings wherever I can find it. I haven't seen anything really ground breaking this year and price increases have already hit, or will be coming on a lot of components this year. And, yes....lead times are going to stretch on a lot of things just like they did last year. I'd like to avoid those components if possible, but it will also limit our options.

If the past is any indication, we'll go through a whole bunch of cool ideas but ultimately end up at a lighter weight hunting rifle concept for most. I'll feel bad for a few folks who really wanted a chassis platform and throw in an option for that at the last minute(although there is a great option here this year). Haha. All of the options will be a great value, but will be priced much higher than the old Remington based builds we did years ago which will exclude a lot of folks from being able to participate. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out a good way around that yet. Anyway, that's a lot to go through just to end up at the same place we've ended up the last several years.

Knowing all of that......and knowing I have solid relationships and delivery schedules with Defiance, AG composites, Proof Research and Brux is coming on line quickly to fill the gaps Muller can't keep up with........does it just make more sense to offer a significant TBH discount on our existing production rifles this year? Those rifles already have a discount built into them, so a TBH deal on top of that would go even further. It would allow for multiple platform options and price points for everyone participating. Component delivery times and actual build times would be much more predictable and palatable as well.

I'd be interested to hear everyone's thoughts on that idea, or any other ideas on what ya'll would like to see.
Thanks for taking the time to reply and outline the info - I’d def be interested in hearing more about a TBH deal on your production rifles.

G.

Last edited by gneimeth; 01-02-2022 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-02-2022, 01:44 PM   #9
Kev1973
Four Point

Hunt In: Mason, Milam County

That sounds like a very good idea. Will give many more options for everyone and a range of budgets
Kev1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2022, 01:46 PM   #10
JWF
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coryell and Gillespie counties

Very interested
JWF is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2022, 02:10 PM   #11
BubRay
Six Point

Hunt In: Albany

Interested!!
BubRay is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2022, 02:25 PM   #12
RMW
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Down South

Integrally surppresed rifle would be sweet
RMW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2022, 02:26 PM   #13
Young gun 12
Eight Point

Hunt In: NTX

Yep, Iíd get a maverick or hunter myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Young gun 12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2022, 02:28 PM   #14
ColinR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Roosevelt/Sonora

Quote:
does it just make more sense to offer a significant TBH discount on our existing production rifles this year?
I think that is a wonderful idea that I probably wouldnít be able to turn down!

Hmm so will I build the 280AI I have been talking about for years but keep doing something else or will I do something else again.
ColinR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2022, 03:13 PM   #15
TexasCanesFan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Webb County

Love this idea of a TBH discount. Great thought.
TexasCanesFan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2022, 03:22 PM   #16
Dmcgee
Four Point

Once my order is finished I hope itís shoots up to the reputation and I want another. Will be curious to hear what this deal is!

Dmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2022, 03:23 PM   #17
JakeM
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gillespie Co, Kimble Co, Liberty Co.

Interested!
JakeM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2022, 03:41 PM   #18
300rem7
Ten Point

I would like to give you a Remington action to clean-up and get ready for a switch barrel setup. 223 & 6 Creed possibly. Drop into a Whiskey chassis.
300rem7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2022, 03:43 PM   #19
Colton
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinR View Post
Hmm so will I build the 280AI I have been talking about for years
Do it. Mine is super accurate and authoritative on game
Colton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2022, 03:47 PM   #20
Gunnyart
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Gouldbusk, TX

Whatever the deal, hopefully this is the year I can participate.
Gunnyart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2022, 03:53 PM   #21
Bullseye07
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Freestone Cos

Robert, Iíve been dying for one of your .22LR builds since you posted about them a year or so ago.

Discount on production rifles would probably be easiest this year and maybe next year components are back closer to normal lead times.

At the end of the day, itís your choice and we are all very lucky that youíve chosen to offer us any kind of discount like you have.

Bullseye07 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2022, 04:14 PM   #22
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cherokee, Rusk Counties

Here
Attached Images

Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 10:57 AM   #23
ColinR
Pope & Young

Fingers crossed we hear something soon! I’m chewing my collar off over here! Lol ����������
Old 01-09-2022, 11:09 AM   #24
Main Frame
Eight Point

Hunt In: Mexico

In!
Main Frame is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 11:11 AM   #25
mikeyb_23
Ten Point

Hunt In: Pleasanton, Public land

I'm ready now, I've regretted missing out on at least the last 3. I'm in this year.
mikeyb_23 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 11:18 AM   #26
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mc Culloch County (2015-2021) Van Zandt County since 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyart View Post
Whatever the deal, hopefully this is the year I can participate.
X2 Here Gunny
Pushbutton2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 12:00 PM   #27
Hunterdan

Interested
Hunterdan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 01:12 PM   #28
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Not buying a house this year so following…
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 01:23 PM   #29
Hotrodd
Ten Point

Hunt In: Central Texas

TBH deal has me interested as well!
Hotrodd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 01:33 PM   #30
Headhunter
Six Point

Hunt In: LaSalle Co

May be interested in a discounted build. Robert will that include a deal for a supplied action. I have a Remington 700 25-06 I have been thinking about building around. Of course keeping it a 25-06. Thoughts on that.
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2022, 11:18 PM   #31
brush_buster
Eight Point

Hunt In: Anywhere I can.

Wish I knew how to delete a post.

Last edited by brush_buster; 01-12-2022 at 11:36 PM.
brush_buster is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2022, 11:25 PM   #32
brush_buster
Eight Point

Hunt In: Anywhere I can.

I’m all in favor of offering discounts on in stock production rifles.

Thanks,
David

Last edited by brush_buster; 01-12-2022 at 11:35 PM.
brush_buster is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-13-2022, 01:18 PM   #33
ColinR
Pope & Young

I am working on gathering the parts needed for a build I want to do and good golly is there a huge shortage. I called Defiance about ordering a action directly from them and was told they are running 50 weeks out. Yes 50.... FIVE ZERO.... WEEKS!!! Barrels are way out too. Its just nuts. A bet there will be a 2022 TBH deal but those that get in on it are gonna need a TON of patients. That being said I know Robert has amazing relationships with his suppliers and will get his stuff before us regular folks so that will help a ton. I will also say until I started down the rabbit hole of specking out my own build and gathering parts I didn't realize just how good of a deal these TBH specials are. I have been fortunate enough to partake in 2 of them and not till now do I realize the extreme savings these are.
Old 01-13-2022, 01:22 PM   #34
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:

I think that is a heck of an offer! I'm wanting an ultra light and compact 7-08 if you have one that fits the bill.

Last edited by Chad C; 01-13-2022 at 01:46 PM.
Chad C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-13-2022, 01:27 PM   #35
mikew14
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dimmit County

Love the idea of a TBH discount. I would be in for sure.
mikew14 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-13-2022, 01:31 PM   #36
sierracharlie338
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere I can.... seems to be pretty limited these days

Quote:

Love this idea Robert and am in need of a Maverick for the wife!
sierracharlie338 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-13-2022, 01:45 PM   #37
Shoreman
Ten Point

Hunt In: CO; KS; MD

Interested
Shoreman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-13-2022, 01:49 PM   #38
MIHunter
Pope & Young

Interested
MIHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-13-2022, 02:28 PM   #39
Stick1
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hardeman

Working on the numbers now to decide what kind of discount we can pull off. Some models are going to be a little better than others, but we should be getting this thing kicked off soon.
Stick1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-13-2022, 07:39 PM   #40
Dejashoot
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fredericksburg, Kerrville, Brackettville and Brazoria

Looking forward to info
Dejashoot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-13-2022, 08:42 PM   #41
03GruntUSMC
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas & Colorado

Gonna try and make this happen this year.
03GruntUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-13-2022, 08:45 PM   #42
Milkfisher
Eight Point

Interested!
Milkfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-13-2022, 09:18 PM   #43
DKW II
Six Point

Great idea and I would be in for another Maverick! Keep us posted and I appreciate it.
DKW II is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2022, 05:24 AM   #44
kc5rkg
Ten Point

Hunt In: South TX

Great idea!
kc5rkg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2022, 04:22 PM   #45
progolferv1
Ten Point

Great Rifles. I have been thinking about getting a 3rd in 28 Nosler. This just might push me over the edge
Attached Images

progolferv1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2022, 04:54 PM   #46
gneimeth
Ten Point

Quote:
Working on the numbers now to decide what kind of discount we can pull off. Some models are going to be a little better than others, but we should be getting this thing kicked off soon.
Awesome! Thank you!
Old 01-14-2022, 05:03 PM   #47
rosco11
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings

100% interested this year! I almost pulled the trigger for the last 3 years but finally in a better position this year. Thanks so much for doing these builds Stick1! They always come out beautiful rifles!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
rosco11 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2022, 05:32 PM   #48
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

TBH is gonna have a ton of new members.
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2022, 05:37 PM   #49
Colton
Pope & Young

I’ll be watching. Possibly participating.
Colton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2022, 05:41 PM   #50
WBT
Eight Point

Hunt In: Texas and Montana

I'm 100% in on an Apex Hunter this year. The tough part is deciding what 7mm to get it chambered in.
WBT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top