Volkswagen Jetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volkswagen Jetta

Im looking at buying one of these for a work car. I found a 2011 jetta with about 95k miles. If you have one, would you buy one again or go another route? Has it been reliable for you?

Thanks

Make sure the timing chain has been replaced or you replace it ASAP.

Comment

Bought a TDI Jetta new in '98 put 256K miles on it and sold it for 1/3rd what I paid for it new. Fantastic car.

Comment

No way I'm buying one of those unless it's a diesel.

Comment

I'd rather have an Camry or Accord. I picked up a Corolla for a work beater last year and it's been great.

Comment

We have a 2016 TDI with 90k miles bought new. Hasn't given us one problem.

Gets 45-50MPG.

Comment

ShockValue is correct on the timing chain. It usually needs to be replaced about 80-90k miles. I had one we put over 200k miles on and it was a great car.

Comment

I sold my 2017 commuter Jetta just a couple month ago. It was a great car and would own another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                  Make sure the timing chain has been replaced or you replace it ASAP.
                  This. Mine went on Beltline by Joe Pool lake. It will wipe out your valves if the belt goes. I personally will not buy another one used.

Replacing the timing belt may have made it a good car.

Comment

I've had 4 VW's over the past 10 years. No major issues from any of them. TDI is the way to go if you want great gas mileage.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

A Jetta TDI is about as good as it gets for a commuter.

Comment

We’ve got 2 TDI’s,a 05 with 250k which I drive to work everyday and my wife’s 2015 TDI. You can’t beat them for mpg. 45-50 mpg on both of them. No problems at all. Great cars.

Comment

Great mileage on the TDIs but like others have mentioned, timing belt/chain maintenance is imperative on them or any other interference (meaning pistons will hit open valves if the don't close) engine

Comment

I've got a 12 TDI. Only complaint is that it has developed and small oil leak and the quotes to repair it are over 2K.

Comment

Thanks for the info everybody. I have been going back and forth between a jetta, accord, or camry.

Comment

Working...
                              X