No announcement yet.

Prostate question/opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get blood lab testing near you - no doctor visit needed. Over 100 blood tests online, pick a lab near you, our docs write the prescriptions & you get results by email & SMS! Fast, easy and confidential blood tests near you.

Order your own PSA test for peace of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      Sounds like **** poor job on yalls part of not confirming thru tests/scans
      I was in no way involved .
      Definitely a **** poor job on Christus medicals part .
      What's the point of paying ten of thousands of dollars to these "highly educated" idiots, if the uneducated have to double check their work

Comment

I believe normal range is 0.4-4 ng/ml and anything over 3 should be watched so you are doing the correct thing staying on it. The 5 and 3.5 results should have perked ears up as well.

I am not a doctor so my opinion is just that.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          Yeah you're right, I read that wrong .
          Just speaking to a personal case.
          They told my grandmother in law 2 yrs ago she had breast cancer, which was the cause of her arm pain.
          Treated her for almost a yr for breast cancer, before another doctor told her it was carpal tunnel.
          And this lady already had a full mastectomy years ago because of breast cancer.
          They did surgery on her left arm, and she still has pain, but nothing like it was while they were treating her for cancer.

Are you saying that she did not actually have cancer?? And they did a mastectomy because of arm pain?

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
            Lab mistake more than likely by the person entering the information on the report. I would schedule another PSA for peace of mind.
            This & Glad to hear it looks like you are OK!

Comment

The bigger question is when the doctor examined your prostate did he place both hands on your shoulders?

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
                Are you saying that she did not actually have cancer?? And they did a mastectomy because of arm pain?
                They did the mastectomy years ago when she had breast cancer the first time.
                80 yr old woman, started having severe pain in her left arm, and they told her the breast cancer came back...

Comment

You can get a test at an independent lab to confirm 3.5. It's not too expensive.

Comment

It can be confusing. I have prostate cancer. Lesions verified by MRI and positive biopsy on said lesions, but my PSA has been going down. I have another MRI scheduled for Jan. 31 at University of Iowa medical center. My PSA going down might be attributed to the alternative treatment (Fenben) that I have been taking. We will see.

I would get one more PSA done to verify the numbers. Two out of three should give you a more accurate baseline.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      The bigger question is when the doctor examined your prostate did he place both hands on your shoulders?
                      Wait, there is another way? I was ASSured that this was standard.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                        Wait, there is another way? I was ASSured that this was standard.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
                        Doc asked me to get undressed. I asked "where do I throw my drawers"? I was a little shocked when he said "over there by mine will be fine".

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                          It can be confusing. I have prostate cancer. Lesions verified by MRI and positive biopsy on said lesions, but my PSA has been going down. I have another MRI scheduled for Jan. 31 at University of Iowa medical center. My PSA going down might be attributed to the alternative treatment (Fenben) that I have been taking. We will see.

I would get one more PSA done to verify the numbers. Two out of three should give you a more accurate baseline.

This ^^^. Draco, I would have my PSA checked again soon. Early detection is important.

Comment

Concerning your PSA numbers. Some medicines can have a multiplier effect on the number. It's essential to disclose every thing you are taking, then they can factor it into your real prostate score.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post

Are you taking any treatment besides the fenben ?

Comment

I would want another blood test. That's an outrageous swing in PSA numbers. Also, pay attention to activities before getting your PSA test. There is also a list of things to not do a day or two before the test including riding a bicycle, getting a DRE prior to test, sex, and basically anything that would stimulate your prostate.

If you decide to have a biopsy, check into the Transperineal Biopsy. It doesn't go through your rectum. Lots of good information on this site: ProtonBob.com

Good luck, early detection is key - don't mess around with resolving the high PSA swings.

Comment

Working...
                                X