No announcement yet.

Why would Utah ban trail Cams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why? Maybe a strict interpretation of “fair chase’. I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been watching my Son-in-laws cell cam pics for a year or two and you can see what's hitting the feeder , but the times change daily. In our case everyone works for a living, and are only weekend warriors.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
        I'm for banning real time cellular in Texas. I followed a thread on this site that a guy used cameras to alert him when an animal he wanted showed up. He left home and immediately went after him, ended up shooting it. Def not fair chase.
        I agree that that isn’t fair chase, but it sure is nice when you are 400 miles away from the lease to get some pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
          I love posing for them cameras. I cant say I havent been suggestively naughty for a few cameras.
          That is awesome. I herd Vogue of the West is looking to sign you up.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
            I've been watching my Son-in-laws cell cam pics for a year or two and you can see what's hitting the feeder , but the times change daily. In our case everyone works for a living, and are only weekend warriors.

Montana law says you can’t use communications in the pursuit of game. Cellular trail cams are legal up to opening day of a season. After opening day, trail cams with SD cards must be used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bet if we all went back to dial up internet will would all but illuminate the PACE forum
              Last edited by Pedernal; 01-14-2022, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                I hunt Utah yearly and quite often get a questionnaire from the state about what I think is right or wrong with regards to hunting regulations. I cannot recall this issue but I am sure that there was consensus amongst hunters who actually hunt in Utah about what they think. I am cool with it. Showing up cold to public land is disadvantage enough. If there are people who have named every good animal in the unit before hunting season you are clearly further disadvantaged.
                Yep. Some residents of certain states seem to disagree. I can't understand why residents get all the advantages, while NR's, who pay a ton more per tag, get none.

But I digress. I am glad cell cam's are getting banned.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  Yep. Some residents of certain states seem to disagree. I can't understand why residents get all the advantages, while NR's, who pay a ton more per tag, get none.

But I digress. I am glad cell cam's are getting banned.
                  They don't want you to be successful, they just want your money. (I agree with trailcam ban though)

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    They don't want you to be successful, they just want your money. (I agree with trailcam ban though)
                    Nope not at all. We just want the wildlife managed for our benefit not the benefit of NRs.
                    I've helped many a NR with info and giving some access when I can. Most would rather see hunters be successful , not bash their home state.
                    Yes NRs bring revenue to states but they do not pay taxes and live in those states.
                    Really how would you feel if most of your draw hunts went to NRs next year, not happy I bet.
                    Almost every western state has set aside licenses for NR but some feel they should have equal share, just don't agree with that but hey give us half of your draw hunts and see how happy the residents of Texas would be.

Comment

Yup.

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                      I dig it. Wish other western states would follow suit.

I'm also kinda glad the law extends to private land as well. No reason landowners or their leasees should get to play by different rules than the people that hunt public.
                      I'm with ya'.

Comment

I heard there have been several instances where a trail camera has caught mormons with too many wives.

Comment

Kansas will be moving the same direction with cameras on public land in the next year or two. They mentioned that in some other states there are now companies (not guides) placing cameras in various areas and selling information to hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                            Nope not at all. We just want the wildlife managed for our benefit not the benefit of NRs.
                            I've helped many a NR with info and giving some access when I can. Most would rather see hunters be successful , not bash their home state.
                            Yes NRs bring revenue to states but they do not pay taxes and live in those states.
                            Really how would you feel if most of your draw hunts went to NRs next year, not happy I bet.
                            Almost every western state has set aside licenses for NR but some feel they should have equal share, just don't agree with that but hey give us half of your draw hunts and see how happy the residents of Texas would be.
                            You're a different breed wytex, and Wyoming sort of is as a whole as well. I'm speaking in general terms of Johnny R and some of the more political wildlife agencies. Example is the OTC tags in Colorado, they'll never get rid of them because of the massive amount of NR money they bring in whether there's anything to hunt or not. It's a cash cow. As for Texas, I can't draw anything here anyway so it wouldn't have mattered so far, lol, been trying for 10 years. It's always nice to have out of state money spent in small local towns though, that's great for the economy.
                            Last edited by justletmein; 01-14-2022, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Wouldn't want to be a GW in Utah this year, can't even imagine the catch a poacher tips that are going to come in. Them boys and girls better have a couple sets of broke in hiking boots ready to roll.

Comment

There will be a lot of folks taking down illegal cams when they see them I bet.
                                A guy on another forum sent me a pic of his buddy's cam in Wyoming that someone cut the cord, cell cams are illegal in Wyoming too. I made the comment probably a ****** off resident and he didn't see it as funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X