Bird taxidermist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bird taxidermist

Looking for a first rate quality duck mounts please,central tx would b nice but not a must.Connie mack Moran in league city did most of my mounts but that was long ago.Thanks for the help,Happy Hunting yall

I just dropped mine off with Shapley because I have seen his name more than any on here. His work shop had beautiful mounts not ready for pick up yet. He’s a world champion. Just google gulfcoast waterfowl. When I talked to him today I don’t think he’s taking too many more birds this season.

Comment

Lowell Shapley is the best.

Comment

Consensus achieved can we just put this as a sticky. Bird mounts Lowell Shapley. Any other “good” shop could have other taxi working on your mount every time. He does every bird..

Comment

I highly recommend taking a look at Birdman Studios out of Trinidad, CO. His forte is ducks but he has taxi’d birds of all kinds. He’s spent considerable time in the field studying birds in their habitats and taking high-speed photos to capture even the smallest of his subjects’ movements. This allows him to create “in situ” mounts that are not only realistic but dramatic as well.

Comment

I am not sure if he is still doing taxidermy, but look up Sendero Taxidermy in Round Rock. He is REALLY good with birds if he is still practicing.

I also know a guy in Corpus (who I use).

I am VERY particular about who I use and the guy in Corpus is top notch if interested.

Ther is also a guy in the DFW area what is really good if that would be an option.

What I have found, taxidermists can be REALLY a good at something, but not everything. I have a deer guy, a fish guy and a bird guy and they are all different.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                I highly recommend taking a look at Birdman Studios out of Trinidad, CO. His forte is ducks but he has taxi’d birds of all kinds. He’s spent considerable time in the field studying birds in their habitats and taking high-speed photos to capture even the smallest of his subjects’ movements. This allows him to create “in situ” mounts that are not only realistic but dramatic as well.
                Seconds on what this lady said. She don’t know much but she knows bird taxidermy.

Comment

Hands down easy answer. Barry Buras on here as WildThings. Amazing award winning duck man!

Comment

Chris Brown at Alpine Taxidermy in Fort Worth/Everyman.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      Seconds on what this lady said. She don’t know much but she knows bird taxidermy.

Hah!

You think you know what I don’t know but, my friend, you don’t even know the half of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                        I am not sure if he is still doing taxidermy, but look up Sendero Taxidermy in Round Rock. He is REALLY good with birds if he is still practicing.

I also know a guy in Corpus (who I use).

I am VERY particular about who I use and the guy in Corpus is top notch if interested.

Ther is also a guy in the DFW area what is really good if that would be an option.

What I have found, taxidermists can be REALLY a good at something, but not everything. I have a deer guy, a fish guy and a bird guy and they are all different.
                        Who do you recommend in Corpus?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Bobby Wied in Eagle Lake does some really pretty work imho
                          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
                            Who do you recommend in Corpus?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                            I think he's referring to Alive Again, south of town near the Majek boat place and John Glenn's fish taxidermy shop.

Comment

Thx yall,happy hunting,headed to mexico for the rest of the month

Comment

Working...
                              X