Cabinet makers in dfw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabinet makers in dfw?

I have a small project I would like done... just making a couple of drawers. Got a quote from a handyman in the neighborhood and couldn't believe my eyes. I could do it myself but I am limited on time. Any cabinet makers in dfw or anyone you would recommend?

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
    I have a small project I would like done... just making a couple of drawers. Got a quote from a handyman in the neighborhood and couldn't believe my eyes. I could do it myself but I am limited on time. Any cabinet makers in dfw or anyone you would recommend?
    I may know someone, let me check today for you.

Comment

I appreciate it!

Comment

I work for a custom cabinet maker. I’ll be frank with you - on a very small job, they pad the profit to make it worth their time. Also, if a handyman’s price made you gasp, a good cabinet maker’s price will make you faint.

Comment

These guys may build them for you!

Comment

I appreciate it!
            sorry he's doesn't do it anymore.

Comment

Just curious, what exactly do you need made and what was the quote?

Comment

Tons of em in Pilot Point area.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                  Just curious, what exactly do you need made and what was the quote?
                  I have to admit I didn't know material cost before I got curious today. Assuming he would be using the finished maple at home depot, wood alone is going to run about $200. Tack on another $50 or so for the rails.

He wanted $925 to build two drawers and install them under the washer and dryer. Pics coming.

Maybe that isn't too bad a price. Seemed steep when I opened the email. I was hoping $600.
                  Last edited by ctom87; 12-27-2021, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I have to admit I didn't know material cost before I got curious today. Assuming he would be using the finished maple at home depot, wood alone is going to run about $200. Tack on another $50 or so for the rails.

He wanted $925 to build two drawers and install them under the washer and dryer. Pics coming.
                    if they are front loaders , they should have a pedestal with drawers for the machines.

Comment

It’s extra but not that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Smith View Post
                        if they are front loaders , they should have a pedestal with drawers for the machines.
                        The house was build in the era before front loaders were really popular. When my wife bought the house in 2010, her dad (who built custom homes) built the pedestals they currently sit on.

Fast forward to this Christmas and I got my wife a double oven so now we don't have the drawer for the pots and pans. This tiny house is about to explode haha so just thought this was the best place for the extra storage.

Comment

Text me a drawing of what you’re looking for. I can build what you want.
                          817-975-9605

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thats not that crazy.

BarkerDoor(who I have used before) will run about $300 before shipping, the hardware, installation, and converting your space and the drawer fronts.

Comment

Got everything squared away and even added 3 shelves for even more storage. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                              X