No announcement yet.

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of pompano and a bunch of trout. You gotta love November. Good work guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
      It was really good today in my neck of the woods. I have not fished in several days and wasn't booked today so I went and looked around a little. Got out of the house, after a few days at home I have to get out and go do something. It was crazy good today. The first stop I caught 10 trout from 16-19" in about as many casts. Fishing a plum/chart 4" Bass Assassin paddle tail. The recent cold piled the fish up. I saw a few birds milling around and moved about 200 yards and caught another doz or so trout. Moved a half mile and caught another 10-12 trout. That was by 8am this morning. Moved another couple miles to see if I could pick up a redfish or two. I switched up to a gulp and cork and started working a dropoff down a shoreline. I caught trout, trout and more trout. Then I decided to go take a longer look around and made a longer run. I hit a flock of birds and caught 2 reds and 3 trout out from under them on a hot pink 5" Bass Assassin jerk bait. Best trout of the day at 24". I hit a few more groups of birds working and popped a fish here and there mainly on the gulp and cork. I ended up catching fish at every stop.

I didn't take a bunch of pics and released all the fish except for a couple for dinner tomorrow night.

Nice report Glenn. Had I known things were heating up that good, I woulda booked a house for this weekend in Matty instead of Seadrift lol. Hauling the boat down Thursday, hoping we can find some similar success! Thanks for posting up your results from the day [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Dang, I would have paid for scouting fuel AND washed the boat

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Well, I was drinking coffee this morning as my wife and son were getting ready to go to school and I thought hmmm, might go catch a fish this morning. That's about as far in advance as I thought on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
          Well, I was drinking coffee this morning as my wife and son were getting ready to go to school and I thought hmmm, might go catch a fish this morning. That's about as far in advance as I thought on it.
          Been there done that

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
            Nice report Glenn. Had I known things were heating up that good, I woulda booked a house for this weekend in Matty instead of Seadrift lol. Hauling the boat down Thursday, hoping we can find some similar success! Thanks for posting up your results from the day [emoji106]
            Thanks. I can't see why it would be any different in POC. The falling tide in the morning is pulling shrimp out off the shorelines and out of the marsh and they fish are on 'em. I think we'll have a couple more weeks of it before the shrimp are pretty much gone and they all have to get back on mullet. Whatever routes the shrimp use to migrate out of the bay down there ought to have fish. The fish i cleaned today were packed full of shrimp.

Comment

I want to go....are they in the intercostal near Aransas Pass?

Comment

I believe you're right Capt about the shrimp sticking around a couple more weeks, last weekend I was really far back in the marsh and there was still a lot of them back there. I'm talking more than 3 miles back off the ICW. Funny thing was the reds were full of shrimp but the trout had pinfish in em. All caught in the same area.

Comment

Glen, is that a custom nylon/carbon weaved handle rod? (phone is a little blurry i may be seeing it wrong)

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    Glen, is that a custom nylon/carbon weaved handle rod? (phone is a little blurry i may be seeing it wrong)
                    Yeah, it's carbon fiber. It's a custom rod build by a local guy who builds great rods. Crow Series Rods.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got my but handed to me Monday Morning. Didn’t think it was as cool as it was. Left the house wearing under armpit cold gear leggings, shorts, and a fishing shirt. Luckily I had a wind breaker in my truck. Once the waders wrapped around my leg in waist deep water I got COLD!

Same general area I’ve been going to just a bit further out the drain. Clean water, outgoing tide. No bait activity until about 0845. Didn’t catch but 1 sand trout, and 1 red about 32”.

Wife wanted to fish yesterday evening. Was working OT, but figured wifey doesn’t ask to fish often enough, so I called it early and away we went. Had the last hour half of day light to fish. I ended up with 12 trout, most being 13-16”. Kept the 3 biggest at 16-19. She had 8-10 trout most were dink’s as mine. I was fishing a dark rat tail and she had a light paddle tail. I was fishing aggressively in the upper water column, she was bouncing it off the bottom.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Guys I need yalls help. I'm looking for someone that fits this particular profile and need to know if any of you personally know "this person"?
                        A teenager who loves to fish. Does both salt and fresh, but majority fresh. Uses every opportunity that opens up to run down to the waterline and wet a line. 2 times a week at least. Just as passionate about soaking stinkbait for catfish as they are chunking a senko for a bass. Spends every waking moment thinking about fishing and grinds it all out using a low end wal-mart grade tackle and gear. If you know someone that fits this profile please shoot me a PM.

Odd request: Yes

Does this sound like every teen: Yes, but hoping to find one or two needles in the haystack.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Anybody know the water temp in the surf out there in POC? My big kid is toying with chasing some Sandbar sharks once they come in.

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                          Got my but handed to me Monday Morning. Didn’t think it was as cool as it was. Left the house wearing under armpit cold gear leggings, shorts, and a fishing shirt. Luckily I had a wind breaker in my truck. Once the waders wrapped around my leg in waist deep water I got COLD!

Same general area I’ve been going to just a bit further out the drain. Clean water, outgoing tide. No bait activity until about 0845. Didn’t catch but 1 sand trout, and 1 red about 32”.

Wife wanted to fish yesterday evening. Was working OT, but figured wifey doesn’t ask to fish often enough, so I called it early and away we went. Had the last hour half of day light to fish. I ended up with 12 trout, most being 13-16”. Kept the 3 biggest at 16-19. She had 8-10 trout most were dink’s as mine. I was fishing a dark rat tail and she had a light paddle tail. I was fishing aggressively in the upper water column, she was bouncing it off the bottom.
                          You're definitely getting on them, we're trying to get down this weekend to pickup the tires from you and maybe find a few fish as well. My boat starter and new perko switch arrived today and now I've developed some sort of shifting issue that doesn't appear to be linkage but I'm confident I'll get that all squared away. Oh we had a bald/burned up tire when we got back too. That last trip was a mother!

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          Guys I need yalls help. I'm looking for someone that fits this particular profile and need to know if any of you personally know "this person"?
                          A teenager who loves to fish. Does both salt and fresh, but majority fresh. Uses every opportunity that opens up to run down to the waterline and wet a line. 2 times a week at least. Just as passionate about soaking stinkbait for catfish as they are chunking a senko for a bass. Spends every waking moment thinking about fishing and grinds it all out using a low end wal-mart grade tackle and gear. If you know someone that fits this profile please shoot me a PM.

Odd request: Yes

Does this sound like every teen: Yes, but hoping to find one or two needles in the haystack.

Thanks in advance.
                          If I shave my beard you can take me fishing.

Comment

It was 62 deg. just inside Pass Calvallo Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                              It was 62 deg. just inside Pass Calvallo Sunday.
                              I think it's cold enough for the Sandbars then, thanks!

Comment

This Saturday is looking good on PINS if the weather predictions hold. If you have kids and want to catch great eating fish it’s time for some dead shrimp and FishBites on a fish finder rig and wear the pomp’s out. Easy relaxing fishing.

Comment

Working...
                                X