No announcement yet.

Somerville PHL 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't had any issues with rude or disrespectful hunters but we did have an issue with a thief.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

And this is the reason people get hurt and **** stolen pos like yall... let it be know if ya in my stand you will be spending the next few days in it with no way down... ask around its happened

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

"No land can be claimed" but says who gets there first has the right for the area..?!?! Hahahahhahaha I'll ruin your hunt 7 days a week

Comment

Lol I’m not gonna hunt out of anyone’s stand. Thats over the line. But if I set up in the dark not knowing there’s a stand nearby, then I’m not necessarily going to move when the sun comes up. That being said, I also probably won’t set up there again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
            Lol I’m not gonna hunt out of anyone’s stand. Thats over the line. But if I set up in the dark not knowing there’s a stand nearby, then I’m not necessarily going to move when the sun comes up. That being said, I also probably won’t set up there again.

[emoji1303][emoji1303]

There was trial cam photos floating around of a thief out there last year stealing stands. He even made it on a episode of Lonestar Law out there.. they just didnt cover the stealing part. Only fraudulent hunting license claiming to be Active Duty but wasnt..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
              [emoji1303][emoji1303]

There was trial cam photos floating around of a thief out there last year stealing stands. He even made it on a episode of Lonestar Law out there.. they just didnt cover the stealing part. Only fraudulent hunting license claiming to be Active Duty but wasnt..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Hahahhaha busteddddddd

Comment

Rickybobby8, you sir need to take your own advice. You say, be kind. If you come upon a stand then you should move on and find another spot. There is plenty of land there to hunt. And I agree, if someon3 has taken the time to scout and place a stand,then, don’t be a jacka—s and sit in it. People like you is what gives hunters a bad name.

Comment

Just so y'all know

Lake Somerville PHL - 2019-2020

Comment

I take my own advice. I don't purposely ruin anyone's hunt. I will not happen my if someone else is already there. I also don't hunt out of others stands. Those that know me know 100% this is true. That I will even help others out if they shoot a deer.
                    But if you think hanging a stand means that area is yours...you are wrong. Too many times people leave their stands out there for who knows how long. Then you have people that think as long as they take it down and put it back up on a trip it doesn't violate the 72 hour rule. What they are essentially saying is this is my area, you can't hunt here all year. That is crap. You are not sharing the forest, you are trying to claim it. If I set up 50 yards away, not knowing there is a stand there...it is their responsibility to find a new spot for that day. Even if I know there is a stand there, seen it for a week straight...I am not assuming it's going to be hunted that day.
                    And as far as following me in and ruining my hunt....that is the attitude of people who ruin public land.
                    Also, I never leave a stand over night, and always bring it with me. Either a climber or a saddle, i do not leave them out. So each day I may be in a different spot

Comment

"I'll ruin your hunt"
                      "I will leave you up a tree"
                      "Who says person that gets their first"...that's common public land manners. Literally everyone who is decent knows this unwritten rule.

This person is the type of person who ruins public land hunting and gives others bad names.

Comment

Personally, I would never setup if I see somebody's stand nearby. Why run a risk of that person walking in to his stand and ruining my hunt?
                        Last edited by verter; 07-17-2019, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Based on new deer regulations, we should get more antlerless days in Somerville this season

Comment

From today's email:

Comment

So what are the dates for Burleson?

Comment

Originally posted by greenmonstah View Post
                                So what are the dates for Burleson?

Nov 02 - Nov 17 (16 days)

Comment

Working...