No announcement yet.

Side Hustle Dream Trip Challenge!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a small side business doing euro mounts. I have some merch. I have also been trying to grow my YouTube page. All of this pays for my family's hunting.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXh...OxwcNFWIoWusmw

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
      I have a small side business doing euro mounts. I have some merch. I have also been trying to grow my YouTube page. All of this pays for my family's hunting.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXh...OxwcNFWIoWusmw

Your skulls look awesome. I don’t know what it is I can’t figure the euro thing out. I have the time to do it but I don’t trust myself with other people’s animals. When I do it they become too brittle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
        Your skulls look awesome. I don’t know what it is I can’t figure the euro thing out. I have the time to do it but I don’t trust myself with other people’s animals. When I do it they become too brittle.

Thanks brother! I've been at it for a long time. Lots of trial and error!

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
          Thanks brother! I've been at it for a long time. Lots of trial and error!

Is boiling too long what makes them brittle?

Comment

Been doing it for years. I run a handful of guided fishing trips or electronics classes a year when I run across a new toy I can’t do without or just to go back into my fishing account. Tournament fishing gets ridiculously expensive, it’s nice to have a gig that offsets the cost.

Comment

Well I’ve been steadily keeping after getting rid of some of the crap I don’t use. Had a divot tool from a famous putter maker I was able to sell for $110. Got rid of some arrows that I haven’t shot in 5 years for $55 and I’m one sub away from being able to monetize my YouTube channel again. I have $90 in my Adsense account that will unlock when I hit 1000 subs. From views this month I would have made around $40 or so from YouTube. It’s not a lot but it’s something. Account is setting at about $3800 now.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                I should just stop drinking beer...
                Nah
                That's overrated.

Comment

Subscribed J.T.

I have been side hustling right here on TBH for 18-19 years. First I started selling Slick Trick broad heads around 2001 when a 3 pack was $20.00 and most people didn't know what a Slick Trick was. Then I started selling Vortex Optics in 2005 when Vortex had 12 employees. Now they have 235 employees.

My "side hustles" are much more important now that we have retired and moved to Iowa. My last real pay check was last September. Social Security does not pay as good as my construction superintendent career paid.

I am still doing a lot of Vortex business. I have developed a good client base over the years. I am also working part time overseeing a 450'x150' engineered steel building in Centerville, Iowa. I also have a small archery shop in my shop at home. I have a local guys bow on my press now waiting on a new set of string/buss cable to come in.

Strangely enough....I met a local outfitter at an Amish auction last Saturday. It looks like I will be helping him some. Some of his leased ground is near me and he needs help getting hunters to their stands, helping his hunters getting deer out of the woods etc. Plus harvest is upon us and my two farmer neighbors are big operators. They will take all the help they can get.

And on top of all that our archery season opens next Tuesday and I have 7 stands set so far with at least 3 more to set.

J.T. I want to do that podcast that we never got to do about Texas ASA. We could do one on us creating the Iowa ASA Federation and hunting Iowa.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Arrowsmith; 09-25-2019, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                    Subscribed J.T.

I have been side hustling right here on TBH for 18-19 years. First I started selling Slick Trick broad heads around 2001 when a 3 pack was $20.00 and most people didn't know what a Slick Trick was. Then I started selling Vortex Optics in 2005 when Vortex had 12 employees. Now they have 235 employees.

My "side hustles" are much more important now that we have retired and moved to Iowa. My last real pay check was last September. Social Security does not pay as good as my construction superintendent career paid.

I am still doing a lot of Vortex business. I have developed a good client base over the years. I am also working part time overseeing a 450'x150' engineered steel building in Centerville, Iowa. I also have a small archery shop in my shop at home. I have a local guys now on my press now waiting on a new set of string/buss cable to come in.

Strangely enough....I met a local outfitter at an Amish auction last Saturday. It looks like I will be helping him some. Some of his leased ground is near me and he needs help getting hunters to their stands, helping his hunters getting deer out of the woods etc. Plus harvest is upon us and my two farmer neighbors are big operators. They will take all the help they can get.

And on top of all that our archery season opens next Tuesday and I have 7 stands set so far with at least 3 more to set.

J.T. I want to do that podcast that we never got to do about Texas ASA. We could do one on us creating the Iowa ASA Federation and hunting Iowa.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

We definitely need to do that podcast one of these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X