Smoked Egg Salad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Egg Salad

Every year our family has a food competition for Thanksgiving and this years theme is "Egg-cellent".

So I am going with a smoked egg salad recipe I found on traegers website.

Plan is to hard boil and smoke the whole eggs around 30 minutes. Will be served with Hawaiian roll sliders or with Dill pickle flavored Lay's potatoe chips.

Anyone ever try this? My report will be back in a week!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Sounds good, but make a sample run today and report back. Seems you would want to undercook (medium boil) them so not to overcook but maybe I am wrong. Bet this would also be good on deviled eggs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have done this. All I did was boil my eggs like normal, peel them and then cold smoke.

Comment

Heck when I do eggs, I don’t boil them a all

Comment

Very cool idea!
          I had a lunch special at a small place a few years ago.I was a smoked chicken salad sandwich.Had boiled egg whites in it also.It was **** good!

Comment

Oh man, that sounds great. Looking forward to the report.

Comment

Screw the report, I want to know where I can go to taste test myself. That sounds delicious.

Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
                Heck when I do eggs, I don’t boil them a all
                So you smoke them long/hot enough to cook them? Traeger says to smoke then for 30 minutes. But that is after hard boiling.

I don't have a cold smoke option readily available but I would keep the temp low if they were already cooked.

Comment

Been thinking about this since yesterday. I think I would hard boil them - peal - cut into quarters and then smoke.........

Comment

Love me some good egg salad.

Comment

Decided to do a quick test while I was smoking a pork today and early results are GOOD! Need a few more ingredients to complete the mix. I tried it with saltines. My plan is to serve with a few options.

Comment

IMO, cold smoked eggs make the best deviled eggs ever! I have not tried them as an egg salad but it should be killer fine.

Comment

Add a little of the HEB brand jalapeno bacon to it too. Crumbles would be nice. Maybe a dash of cilantro to go along with it?

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
                            IMO, cold smoked eggs make the best deviled eggs ever! I have not tried them as an egg salad but it should be killer fine.
                            Smoked deviled eggs sounds amazing!! Making eggs Thursday morning! Might have to pop a few in the smoker!!

Comment

These turned out great! I forgot to take many pics but I smoked for about 15 minutes. The weber got hotter than I wanted but it had plenty of smoke flavor. I dialed back the mayo and used brown mustard. Also I added fresh bacon bits on the side (not mixed in) as someone here suggested which was awesome. I also did Not use any celery as recipe suggested.

I served mine with saltines and Hawaiian rolls. Both eggcellent! I ordered some lays pickle flavored chips that sounded like a great dipping chip but they didn't show up in my order.

https://www.traegergrills.com/recipe...salad-sandwich

Comment

Working...
                              X