Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread 4th Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed out. Hope the moon didn’t have them up all night. Haven’t received any cell cam pics since 7pm, so hopefully they were bedded all night and wake up hungry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Happy Halloween from the 80 acres

Scary moon , Javi's at 1 ft and a 3 yr old. Coyotes howling. Man its Beautiful.
      Attached Files

Comment

Enjoy!

I wonder what Javelina's actually see?

Pretty buck~

Comment

Originally posted by mrpetera View Post
          I had protein out for a year and they never touched it in northwest Jack Co. I dumped it out and fed it to the pigs, then filled the gravity feeder with corn and soybean mixed. I can't keep that thing full at this point.

I may try protein again but for now they are enjoying the corn soybean mix.
          Those soybeans have protein and lots of good trace minerals in them. Usually deer that eat an ample amount of soysbeans are healthier and heavier

Comment

Shot a doe on Halloween, NAP Killzone did a number on her!

Comment

Anyone rattling yet in Jack or surrounding counties? Was surprised to rattle in a 3 YO and 2 YO last weekend about 8am. Little warm this weekend but will mess around with it some. Expecting 3rd week November probably the best time.

Comment

No shooter bucks last weekend, but there is one less pig. We had a dusting of snow and a little ice on Tuesday the 27th.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hornfan View Post
                  Anyone rattling yet in Jack or surrounding counties? Was surprised to rattle in a 3 YO and 2 YO last weekend about 8am. Little warm this weekend but will mess around with it some. Expecting 3rd week November probably the best time.
                  A couple of our deer were bumping around a single doe last weekend. The bucks were still together in groups. Haven't rattled yet. I think it is close like you say.

Comment

Congrats PP on the doe!
                    Jeff , ya gotta love some snow pictures. Poor pig!

Comment

Finally starting to get some decent bucks showing up in Knox.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                          ...Jeff , ya gotta love some snow pictures. Poor pig!

Comment

My grandson couldn't make it out last weekend. I was chief scout and watched this dude for 45 minutes or so both Saturday and Sunday mornings.
                            We will be back there this Saturday morning. We hope we get a crack at him with the 260. He has a huge body and runs the show at that particular feeder. There is a old old bully 8 with a small rack and huge body in the second picture that won't mess with him. I think he is 6 and the bully is older.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

I'm ready to bust the boy out of school early tomorrow and get on the road! Havn't seen a bunch of the folks in almost a year.

Lets get on with it!

Comment

Working...
                                X