Flu shot this year...yes or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flu shot this year...yes or no?

I really do not worry about a flu shot. I have had a couple, but missed many more years than the years of getting a shot. This statement will probably change my fait, but I have never had the flu in my life and I am 52. (or at least been diagnosed with it) I am seeing mixed information on the flu shot and COVID. What say the green screen?

I'm getting mine, as I have for decades.

Comment

Nope

Comment

ever since 06 Ive got the flu shot twice...got the flu both those years but never the year I didnt get the shot. No cap

Comment

Yep
          No reason not to
          Not going to be getting autism from it

Comment

Yep

Comment

Already got mine. The flu vaccine has a cumulative effect. You build immunity to multiple flu viruses over time if you get it every year. Also, there is some good evidence that those who have had the flu vaccine are less vulnerable to COVID.

Comment

Never have Never will. No Covid either!

Comment

No sir never have gotten the shot and never will. What's funny is my mom and step dad get the shot every year and guess what?! They both seem to get the flu every year as well. Lol

Comment

No. I've never gotten a flu shot and have had the flu twice in my life...knock on wood. I got covid right off the bat though.

Comment

Do most young/middle aged people recover from the flu without complications YES, but getting the vaccine helps prevent the elderly, infant children and immunocompromised from dying from it. Getting vaccinated helps decrease your susceptibility, illness and spreading of the virus. Please protect those around you, if not for yourself. Remember it can take several weeks (2-3) for the immune reaction post vaccination. So it is possible to get the flu AFTER receiving the vaccine if your body has not had the time to build up a response and you can still get a flu like illness from another strain.

Just my opinion from somebody who takes the flu shot and vaccinated both of my children without hesitation...who also happens to be a doc.

Comment

Never. But, to each their own.

Both kids had Flu B the last 2 years, school is a petri dish . Neither down for more than a couple days. Neither the wife nor I contracted the virus while taking care of them. The wife is a school teacher and has been for 19 years, I swear she has one heck of a robust immune system.

Everyone has their own convictions and my kids are fully vaccinated other than a yearly Flu shot.
                        Last edited by Chad C; 09-24-2020, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Already got mine. I think many people write off when they get the flu as just having a bad cold.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                            Already got mine. The flu vaccine has a cumulative effect. You build immunity to multiple flu viruses over time if you get it every year. Also, there is some good evidence that those who have had the flu vaccine are less vulnerable to COVID.

Comment

Yep, just like the last 20 some odd yrs. No reason not to. Have never had the flu either.

Comment

Working...
                              X