Deer stand shooting system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer stand shooting system

My 5 year old is a little on the small side, but he’s shooting his .223 well enough to light up some pigs this year. I don’t think he’s going to have the strength and dexterity to shoot from my lap off the window ledge, so I’m curious if y’all are hooked into some shooting systems that may fit our needs. I’m looking for some sort of two point gun rest that either attaches to the deer stand or mounts with a tripod. He’s either shooting an AR or a tacticool Handirifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Caldwell field pod. Adjust it and his chair to the height to suit him.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        This 100%. My 2 girls and brothers 3 kids shot a lot of deer and pigs from ages 7-15 with this. Heck, I love them. I grew up shooting using only the ledge of the window and developed bad habits growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          X2. This is what I use for my girl as well. What I like about it, you can leave the gun sitting in there ready to go. No fumbling around trying to get the gun out when you need it.

Comment

I have been looking for a Caldwell Fieldpod but it seems they don't make them anymore.

Comment

I bought one of these last year. Works great.

Comment

Field pod has been the best money I’ve ever spent on kids shooting opportunities. Lola started using at 5 killing turkey and hogs and is 9 now shooting deer with it. Get the tall model to clear most box blind windows
                Attached Files

Comment

My Field Pod isn't tall enough to get to the shooting height in my Atascocita blinds. Make sure you check the specs online and compare to your blind so you're not disappointed.
                  That said, I use one any time I can.

Comment

Bog Pod Deathgrip tripod. It isn't 2 points, but, in my experience, is more solid than the field pod. You can adjust the tightness of the movement, to lock it down or make it easier to move the rifle. It is similar to what many long range shooters, and varmint hunters use.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                      Field Pod or my son uses a pig saddle.

This! A tripod.

You could take and mount a board to the window with just the ball head mounted to it. Then you don’t have to have the tripod in the blind with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look at my DIY post. The rest sits on the window seal and is adjustable for elevation.

Comment

Fieldpod has helped to improve accuracy for my son .243. It takes a lil setting upfront getting it lined up with height and length but once its done it makes things so much easier.

Comment

Tagged for later.

Can you use this for a cross bow?

or Any recommendations for one that can be used for rifle and cross bow?

Comment

Working...
                            X