Stop Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Box

Anyone have one of these? I am looking for something to keep my pistol by my bed while at the same time having is safely secured.
    Tell me what you think, or offer suggestions.

The StopBox® is a portable instant-access handgun retention device that does not use batteries, electronics or external keys. The StopBox® hand gesture code lock is instinctive to use in the dark and under stress. Secure your firearm without sacrificing accessibility when you need it the most. Proudly made in America.

Nobody has any sort of device to keep there gun in beside their bed? If its a safe what kind, I looked at this stop box and it looks really good.

Comment

I have not seen that one before. It says there are only 6 possible combinations, so it seems less secure from a kid with time on his hands than the more expensive options.

Comment

Gun Vault

Comment

Originally posted by TXRebel View Post
          These look good but all sold out. Do you have this?

Comment

I have the V-Line Top Draw model and really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
              I didn't notice when I posted the link, that all were sold out.

Yes, purchased mine around 2004, still in use today

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                I use Gun Vaults for loaded pistols. Next purchase is another biometric speedvault. Really wish they would make something quick access for a loaded AR.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                  I use Gun Vaults for loaded pistols. Next purchase is another biometric speedvault. Really wish they would make something quick access for a loaded AR.
                  They are sold out, looks like they have one for a AR.

Comment

Another option is the Fort Knox Personal Pistol Box with Simplex mechanical lock. Murray's Lures & Trapping Supplies has them in stock and shipping promptly.

Comment

We have a speed vault on each side of the bed (GunVault SV500)... They work well for our application as I mounted them to each side of the bed, only downfall is the battery life, we get about 3 months our of them but I know to check them regularly...

Comment

I use vortex I think they have lower end but mine is the 3.5x10x50,with a sun shield to block glare

Comment

I installed a lock in my nightstand drawer. When I go to bed, I unlock the drawer and leave the keys in the lock. In the morning, when I get ready to leave, I lock the drawer. I always know where my keys are at and if they are in my pocket, that drawer is lock. Works well for me.

Comment

I bought a Stopbox after checking out my son-in-law's. I wouldn't say it keeps things totally secure from someone who has time but it does keep curious hands away and keeps a pistol close by should I need one. I considered Vaultek Slider series but like the idea of no batteries and less expensive Stopbox. I also have an older Gunvault but it's a bit bulkier to sit on my nightstand.

Comment

Working...
                            X