Anybody there? Texas Music Christmas Celebration 1975

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody there? Texas Music Christmas Celebration 1975

Wife and i are getting ready to move. Going through the requisite culling of 20+ years of 'stuff' from attic, and various nooks and crannies in the house. The wife found this t-shirt. Souvenir from one of my most fun nights ever.

Don't remember the exact date, but it was the night of the day that Clint "The Mad Bomber" Longley single handedly beat the Washington Redskins. A bunch of you remember the day. This show was at the Tarrant County Convention Center that night. The place was electric. Buffet opened. Followed by the Great Rusty Wier. Jackie Jack took it home. I have no idea what time the show ended but it was late, late, late. At one point Charlie Waters and Cliff Harris, both s-faced, got on stage and helped Jerry Jeff for a tune. Pure Greatness. What a night.

Anyone else there that night?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mikemorvan; 01-25-2021, 09:16 PM.

A couple of years before my time but that sound like an amazing time and love the shirt.

Comment

Hold on to that one!

Comment

That is one of the coolest concert shirts I've ever laid my eyes upon.

This is like 20 years before texas music was a genre, lol

Comment

I was there. My first concert ever.

14 years old, my sister took me and my best friend.

That was Dec. 23.

I will buy that shirt if’n you don’t wanna pack it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
            I was there. My first concert ever.

14 years old, my sister took me and my best friend.

That was Dec. 23.

I will buy that shirt if’n you don’t wanna pack it up.
            It was a great night. That shirt is making the move out cut. I may even get it framed.

Comment

So, cowboys take it to the Redskins that day. Concert that night and ol bald azz Cliff and drunk Charlie make their way from (fair park?) To fort worth to celebrate? Lol, epic!

Quick question. Do you remember if Cliff and Charlie made any political or social statements that game? Lol. Men played ball back then...

Comment

Lots of good times at TCCC.

Skynard, shortly before the crash.

AC/DC
                Bob Seger
                Alabama
                Steve miller
                And many more

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                  It was a great night. That shirt is making the move out cut. I may even get it framed.
                  Great idea, go for it and post pic of this great memory when you frame it.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                    Lots of good times at TCCC.

Skynard, shortly before the crash.

AC/DC
                    Bob Seger
                    Alabama
                    Steve miller
                    And many more
                    Led Zeppelin was the first show i ever went to and it was at TCCC. I was 16 or 17. When those lights went out, and the aroma of the room changed, i just knew there were 14K+ people going to jail that night. I saw cops dragging smokers out of the building by the hair, guys running up and down aisles running from cops, weed being freely passed up and down the rows, chicks going to the guys rest room, on and on. It was an awakening for sure.

I saw Eric Clapton there, The Eagles, Rod Stewart, ZZ Top, and many more that slip my mind. It was a great venue.

Ft. Worth had some great music venues back in the day. TCCC got the big shows. The Hop got a bunch of really good smaller acts.

Panther Hall was a good place to catch some country music and watch a blood bath on any given night.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                      So, cowboys take it to the Redskins that day. Concert that night and ol bald azz Cliff and drunk Charlie make their way from (fair park?) To fort worth to celebrate? Lol, epic!

Quick question. Do you remember if Cliff and Charlie made any political or social statements that game? Lol. Men played ball back then...
                      I don't think they had much to say. They ruled the world that night.
                      Last edited by mikemorvan; 01-26-2021, 08:08 PM.

Comment

I was 5!

Comment

I can't believe you have a 45 year old t-shirt! That has to be a record!

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                            I don't think they had much to say. They ruled the world that night.
                            Lol

Comment

that was texas stadium, thanksgiving day a was at the game

Comment

Working...
                              X