Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread 4th Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have killed one buck in the upper 150's this year, we have several more that are 150 plus, lots of 10 pointers, finally recovering from the draught. My partner passed two good ones this morning, he has killed a couple in the 160's ,. I may have to get my bow out again, been in the closet the last couple of years, I ain't afraid to sling an arrow at a 150 plus. Really happy that we have 5-6 year old bucks running around again.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
      Another Wilbarger County P I G. Congratulations brother. Very nice.

Any idea what he weighed?
      Didn’t get a weight Sir, he was big but not the biggest we’ve taken on this place. I’d guess 250-75 on the hoof.

Comment

Originally posted by Bureau2 View Post
        Didn’t get a weight Sir, he was big but not the biggest we’ve taken on this place. I’d guess 250-75 on the hoof.
        U Da man Cody! What a beautiful buck. I'd like to see the horns sometime. Bring em to town and call me so I can look at em.

Comment

2 weeks and no updates? Come on fellas. There has to have been some blood spilled somewhere?

Comment

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread 4th Edition!

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
            2 weeks and no updates? Come on fellas. There has to have been some blood spilled somewhere?

Got my buddy on this guy 2 weeks ago in exchange for some skid steer work at the lease next summer. Cameras are saying the feeder has been dead(action wise) the last two weeks though. Think the deer are all in the wheat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by nTxKilla; 12-26-2020, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Hunted on the river north of Nocona this evening. Saw over 30 deer on the wheat field, no shooter bucks

Comment

Originally posted by nTxKilla View Post

Got my buddy on this guy 2 weeks ago in exchange for some skid steer work at the lease next summer. Cameras are saying the feeder has been dead(action wise) the last two weeks though. Think the deer are all in the wheat.

Very nice. Looks like a good trade.

Comment

Heading out Friday AM for one last try in Jack County. Not sure what to expect but I’m looking forward to it.

Good luck to everyone else who will be out there this weekend.

Comment

Question for yall north tx guys, what are yalls opinion on the best counties up that way for trophy class wt as in 160 plus. I hunt mexico and not leaving but starting to kick around investing in property while it's still somewhat affordable especially compared to the hill country and south tx. Feel free to school me up, I'm starting to look but want to be sure I'm heading in the right direction. Thank's

Comment

Well thats a wrap on the adults year. I hope a few of the young munchkins in the area can knock down some good ones in the next two weeks. Post up pics if they do!
                      Thanks to everyone who posted on the thread and those who were following along this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X