• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out a brand called civil ware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
      This is a smoking deal on a nice knife...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1016875399?pid=267915

Thanks, I had to buy one. Nice little knife. Very good deal

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
        You can pick up this Knives of Alaska Muskrat for less than $90 (which a great deal) on Amazon
        My muskrat is the best skinning , caping knife I own

Love mine. Great knife.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

First of all let me say that I would love to be in a position to buy some of the knives I’ve seen on TBH. Beautiful work indeed from all our knife makers. For the number of times I’d use it I can’t justify it.
          My dad skinned deer with a Case pocketknife. Used that knife for everything for years. I think he even sharpened them so much over the years the blade looked more like an ice pick. That’s how much he’d use his pocketknives.
          I’ve said this before. If would check out Smokey Mountain Knife Works. They have any knife in any price range. Hands down. And never had any mistakes or problems with shipping

Comment

I use a gut hook to open them up, but like a filet knife for skinning them clean. You can find cheap filet knives anywhere and they hold an edge pretty well. Of course, I've also skinned a bunch with an old Gerber pocket knife.

Comment

Skinning Knife on a budget

One of the sharpest knife kits I have found. Add some pretty splated scales and a sheath and you can have a nice knife you can take pride in for finishing yourself.

Comment

Buck 113 Ranger Skinner

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                  https://knifemaking.com/collections/...28291805642852

One of the sharpest knife kits I have found. Add some pretty splated scales and a sheath and you can have a nice knife you can take pride in for finishing yourself.

The included link doesn’t wort. Can you double check and update. Thanks!

Comment

Skinning Knife on a budget

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
                    The included link doesn’t wort. Can you double check and update. Thanks!
                    Link goes down from the name blocker. It’s a Wa sh! ta Hunter. I’ll take a picture of mine when I get home.

Last edited by bmac; 12-10-2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Depends on if you want a tool or a heirloom. For a tool, I really like the Outdoor Edge with replaceable blades. Can skin couple deer per blade, but blades are cheap enough, I just replace with a new blade after each skinning.

Last edited by BrianL; 12-10-2020, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Agree that this site has some very skilled knife makers, making sum beauties
                        that said, my SOG Twitch II, pocket knife holds a dang good edge and skins a hog right pay little more, but well worth it..

Comment

Started as the kit blade but shaped to my hand and something to take pride in.

Comment

Working...
                          X