Traditional FSC Week 43 (10/18/20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 43 (10/18/20)

I didn’t see anyone post more than 6 pts so I’ll assume you are all out hunting/working.

Here’s a high risk/reward FSC. And it only takes one day to win. [emoji6]

We’ve all seen the westerns when the good guy is loosely hung from a tree on the back of his horse. If the horse wanders off... well... {gulp}!!

Let’s save the cowboy by shooting the rope off the tree. (Or Robin Hood your pal at the gallows... many scenes like this in movies).

The catch is if you hit your good guy you are done for the week. Closest to the rope wins. First one to hit the rope is winner for the week. Broadhead cutting blade does not count. It needs to be your arrow shaft that cuts the rope. Shots are taken from any position at 12 yards (6 for kids). You may shoot as many as seven days but only the first shot of each day counts. Rope should be no more than 3” from top of page to cowboys hat. And don’t exaggerate the width!

Print or sketch this target on a regular size piece of paper. You may need to shrink it down a little or mess with your margins if printing...

Here’s how mine printed with some extra ‘sketching’. Yes I know their hands are generally tied behind their backs... If you color in his hands it makes it look that way.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool call, PJ. One of the more famous depictions of shooting the rope is in "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly". To get in the mood to shoot this, here's Blondie shooting Tuco's rope:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7Ax5jr6mDM"]The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (3/12) Movie CLIP - Blondie Does the Cutting (1966) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Might as well see the finale (spoiler alert), which features one of the greatest trumpet parts ever.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXldafIl5DQ"]The Good The Bad and the Ugly Finale - YouTube[/ame]

"You see, in this world, there's two kinds of people, my friend: those with loaded guns, and those who dig... You dig."
    Last edited by tradtiger; 10-18-2020, 12:16 PM. Reason: Correct quote

Comment

Good stuff. Im in.

Critters are moving after nightfall and the shifty wind has been kicking my hiney.

Comment

Mas alto!
        Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Thought about hunting, but wasn't looking forward to 90 degree temps.
          Day 1: 1-1/8"

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Comment

Might as well show the end:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RojDC9Lr0Yg"]The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: Noose - YouTube[/ame]

We can dream of shooting like that.

Comment

Guessing that was supposed to be about 250 yards, off-hand, on horseback, with open sights and a Sharps buffalo rifle. It could be done....

We just have to do it from 12 yards.

Comment

Day 1: 2 5/16

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Day1: 1"

Comment

Day 2: a little lower than planned, but I'll take it: 1/4"

Comment

Reb...Im digging the mustache.

Set Tuco free Day 2: Not better than TTs...good shooting!
                      Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

TT...what poundage are you shooting amd weight of arrow? I ask because your shafts look like there is only 6-8” sticking out and it looks like a new target. Id hate to be the critter that gets those penetrators.

Comment

Day2: DQ'd for the week, Head shot

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                            TT...what poundage are you shooting amd weight of arrow? I ask because your shafts look like there is only 6-8” sticking out and it looks like a new target. Id hate to be the critter that gets those penetrators.
                            Yeah, they hit pretty hard: 67-lb recurve, 600-grain arrows with 300-grain tips. But some of that is due to the target damage in the middle.

Comment

Day 1 -3/4”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X