Suppressor Paperwork Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressor Paperwork Question

On Monday I went into Saddle River Range and got the ball rolling on the purchase of a silencerco omega 300. During the conversation, the salesperson mention a document would be emailed to me that needed to be notarized. I missed the time frame in which to expect the email. I thought it was going to be relatively soon, 24-48hrs soon. For those in the know, is that an accurate timeframes or will it be longer before that document shows up?

Is this the form 4 paperwork that takes months to get back or is this something else?

Comment

Congrats on a fine purchase. Did you by chance have them set up a trust to purchase the suppressor through? My guess is they’re emailing you the trust to print and get notarized. Then you can do the form 4 and wait a year or whatever it’s taking now days.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
        Congrats on a fine purchase. Did you by chance have them set up a trust to purchase the suppressor through? My guess is they’re emailing you the trust to print and get notarized. Then you can do the form 4 and wait a year or whatever it’s taking now days.
        I think this is your answer. I remember having to have my trust notarized originally and a 2nd time when I bought my 2nd one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
          Yes, I did the trust.

This was my thought as well, but was thinking it would have shown up more quickly. C'est la vie.

Comment

Man, when it comes to the National Firearms Act, I'm not so laissez faire. A canned trust from a non-lawyer is not the road I went, but that's just me.
            Good luck with it and congrats on the first can.

Comment

Working...
            X