Who on here lives in San Antonio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who on here lives in San Antonio?

Who on the GS lives in the San Antonio area? The family and I are considering a big change moving out of the Houston area transitioning to the San Antonio area.
    I am a Process Operator at a chemical plant. Is there any chemical plants in the SA area? If not what could possibly be a good occupation in the area that suits my background?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm here. Made the move from Houston in 2010 (Never changed my username). I'm no help on the job front I'm afraid. I spent 12yrs in Houston prior to coming here for a job opportunity myself. I miss some of my Houston friends I developed, some restaurants I liked a lot but I DO NOT miss traffic and from what I hear the current Houston mayor is a peice of work (by work, I mean ****). Ours isn't much better here in SA, he will follow whatever Houston, Dallas, Austin do. Cost of living is good in my opinion and I've adapted to SA and like it much better now. That being said, I have 15 more years of work and you won't catch me in a big city after that. If I can make this work from home thing permanent, maybe sooner than that. Best of luck on the move.

Comment

We moved from the DFW area over a year ago and love SA! The people have been great, less traffic, close to a lot of things we enjoy (River, Hill Country, Hunting, etc), and the food is awesome. We are at 281 and Bitters area, so we are so close to everything.

We need to have a SA Happy Hour once all this silly stuff shakes.

Comment

Its a Godforsaken wasteland, just a few years behind the other liberal cities. Roads are laid out like a drunk did it, intersections and lights terrible, inside of every concentric loop is looking like the third world or worse. Traffic really sucking, property taxes fixing to go up again.

The people are changing, “great” is not the word I’d use. Had a fella push in the toilet door with me in it at La Cantera Barnes & Nobles because he left his sunglasses on the toilet paper roll holder, he won’t do that again. I pulled him to the floor by his hair with my pistol to his skull. You can’t even take a leak in peace around here.

Had a Indian cab driver try to snatch a vacuum hose from my hand at the car wash at 1604/Bandera because he thought I was using the wrong one...He won’t do that again as I ignored him and that enraged him into a nearly fatal mistake as he was inside my open door, close in work is what I’m good at eventhough I’m a small fella.

Many stories like above, just can’t get left alone from buttholes, karens, cops, and criminals.

If all of that ain’t bad enough, you have these heat days without any decent trees to look at, it’s depressing.

I live outside the loop on the NW (good) side of town and it still SUCKS!

The whole place has changed for the worse. I travel around the country and there are so many places better. I can’t wait to move.

Goodluck with your quest !
        Last edited by Johnny44; 07-14-2020, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Love it here in good ole San Antonio

Comment

I think there is a power plant and a few gas plants with in a hour drive of San Antonio.

Comment

I tend to agree more with what John says above rather than a recommendation of moving here. We are definitely looking forward to retiring back into the woods.

Comment

Lived here since I was 12 years old (1980).

I just thank God it’s not Dallas, Houston or Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                  We moved from the DFW area over a year ago and love SA! The people have been great, less traffic, close to a lot of things we enjoy (River, Hill Country, Hunting, etc), and the food is awesome. We are at 281 and Bitters area, so we are so close to everything.

Close to one of the best burger in SA, Chester’s.

Comment

Just moved out of SA. I’ve also lived in Dallas and Austin. I think it’s the best of the “big cities” in Texas. Has big city amenities with a smaller town feel (depending on where you live in SA). That being said, I was glad to get out and move to a smaller town. But that’s not as much a reflection on SA as I just prefer smaller towns.

Can’t help on the job front.

Comment

It ain’t what it used to be. But better than Houston IMHO.

Wages are considerably less than Houston or Dallas.

Housing costs are skyrocketing.

Comment

Folk really gotta define “ amenities”. I’ve always been perplexed at how in one of the ten largest cities in the United States (I think) you can’t find a complete nuthing. You have to order from Amazon half the time to complete any project even a complete hunting rifle build like scope, rings, bullets, and rifle. It has always been this way.

I needed to make a copy of my hunting camp gate lock key, a master lock, and it was heck to find brother.

And the general intelligence of the local population has taken a nose dive, just stupidity everywhere.
                        Last edited by Johnny44; 07-14-2020, 06:01 PM.

Comment

I live here in NW San Antonio as well. No help with work, but I believe it’s somewhere in between the good and the bad stated in this thread. It’s a big city. Can’t define it based on one area. Stupid people are out breeding those of us who give a **** so yeah.... we are out numbered most places in this country

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post

I would be in for a meet and greet, dont live in San Antone but not too far.

Comment

We live in Spring Branch in River Crossing...right off the 16th Fairway. Best thing we ever did, getting out of that Houston cesspool.

Comment

Working...
                              X