Carrying a firearm question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
    You should stop talking on internet but it’s too late....
    So don’t discuss a hypothetical question on a public discussion forum for fear of what? Premeditated murder? A hypothetical question that many of the thousands of users in said discussion forum could hypothetically find themselves in...

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
      So don’t discuss a hypothetical question on a public discussion forum for fear of what? Premeditated murder? A hypothetical question that many of the thousands of users in said discussion forum could hypothetically find themselves in...
      Agreed ^^^^^It doesn’t make much sense.

Comment

I would consider the parking lot and lobby a public space. Should probably unload and put in a case for transport.

CHL process took me all of 3 weeks if I remember right? Do you really need to stay at a shady hotel in the next few weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanm View Post
          I would consider the parking lot and lobby a public space. Should probably unload and put in a case for transport.

CHL process took me all of 3 weeks if I remember right? Do you really need to stay at a shady hotel in the next few weeks?
          Nope not at all... just a question that popped in my head today..

Comment

Wish Texas had constitutional carry. This would not be an issue.

I think you’re good walking from your car to hotel room.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanm View Post

Your first sentence makes a lot of sense, just curious as to the legality of the scenario.
              Last edited by klooney; 06-08-2020, 05:01 PM.

Comment

It’s a gray area. You’re legal in your vehicle and in your hotel room. Not so much the lobby. Meaning if you are carrying in the lobby then you better be heading to your vehicle not having breakfast or chit chatting the receptionist.

I’ve been carrying for 11 years now. I carry anywhere and everywhere. If where I’m carrying is illegal no one will ever know unless I have to use it. IF I have to use it then it’s absolute last resort, and that option still beats the other options. At that point legality is the least of my concerns. That said I try to refrain from going places that don’t allow carrying.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                  I think that is unlawful carry
                  Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                  The room....yes

Lobby of the hotel is probably not.

The gun in your truck console is one thing but the minute you put it in a holster and leave the truck...you're not covered
                  So if you leave it in your truck are you liable when someone steals it out of the hotel parking lot and uses it?

Gun laws suck

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    So if you leave it in your truck are you liable when someone steals it out of the hotel parking lot and uses it?

Gun laws suck
                    Also a question I had

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
                      So you plan to carry a gun because you can see the future. You know the guy that will be attacking you because you had the vision so yes it's premeditated murder

It's a good question and glad you asked it. I wonder the same thing sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Gun laws suck

Absolutely !!

I suppose there’s a legal way to transport to the hotel room.

Just get the license

Comment

I’ve stayed in Texas hotels with 30.06 and 30.07 posted. I have walked right in with a rifle on my shoulder and a handgun in my pocket or bag. I figure if it upsets them, too much I’ll take my refund and go elsewhere. I’m not going to have my truck broke into or risk not being able to protect myself over a grey area. I do not go galavanting around the hotel though.

Comment

Carrying a firearm question.

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post

I do as well. As TVC has explained multiple times on here your vehicle is not an “extension of your home” as defined in the so called castle law. You are legally allowed to carry a concealed handgun in your vehicle as long as you aren’t doing specific things. You are also afforded self defense in your vehicle as long as it is within the guidelines of the use of deadly force.

In my opinion, your hotel room is your temporary residence and your gun can be transported between your vehicle and your room. Just don’t walk around the world to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post

Not to hijack this thread but a guy at work told me the other day that the Governor just signed a bill where you can open carry with no license needed. Truth or myth?

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                                Not to hijack this thread but a guy at work told me the other day that the Governor just signed a bill where you can open carry with no license needed. Truth or myth?

If it’s true nothing has been announced and since this is TBH I’m sure we would have heard about.

To the OP. Go online and research the laws yourself. Title 2 Chapter 9 and Title 10 Chapter 46. You can carry a handgun in your motor vehicle or watercraft along with to and from a place you are in control of. A hotel room or boarding house you have paid for the occupancy of counts. You can NOT carry it in plain view unless you are licensed to carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X