No announcement yet.

F250 debating 35s or 37s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone recommend some actual brands/model #s for leveling kits? I don't want to go larger than 35s on my '17 F250. Gas mileage already sucks enough with the 6.2L. But when my factory tires need to be replaced I'd like to upgrade a bit. Thanks for any info.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Can someone recommend some actual brands/model #s for leveling kits? I don't want to go larger than 35s on my '17 F250. Gas mileage already sucks enough with the 6.2L. But when my factory tires need to be replaced I'd like to upgrade a bit. Thanks for any info.
      Ready Lift has a good 2.5" kit that includes everything you need.

Comment

i have a level kit, with 35's, Firestone Destination MT2, factory wheels, 2014 King Ranch, Kodiak Brown with tan trim.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          I’m not seeing THAT drastic of a change. About 2-3 mpg overall going to 37s. I’ve never seen 19 a day in my life with this truck. My current mileage on 37s and deleted is about exactly what I saw on stock tires with emissions. I’m hauling a lot more than I was, and it’s tempting to drop back to 35s when these need to be replaced.
          Cruise control @ 60-65MPH in flat country not hauling anything... youll get that 19

Comment

Im running 35's on stock wheels with leveling kit and I couldnt be happier.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck123 View Post
              Cruise control @ 60-65MPH in flat country not hauling anything... youll get that 19
              What I was thinking too

Comment

F250 debating 35s or 37s

1. Factory tires are 34.5” so you may not need a lift.

2. I ran a Ready Lift 2-1/2” on my 15 and now have a 3” Rough Country lift on my 17 and it is superior in drivability.

Reason is the 3” has a radius arm drop bracket which keeps the front end geometry near stock so a proper castor angle can be maintained which keeps the truck from wondering the road.

Ride is like stock on both.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                  I’m running 37x12.50s on my 17 F-350. Mileage was about 12-13 Hwy and 11-12 city when stock on 37s. I deleted my truck and now getting 15-16 highway, and 13-14 city. I pull a gooseneck that grossed out at 17k regularly. I get about 8-8.5 with that load.

What tunes are getting that kind of gain? I never saw near that improvement when I deleted my 15

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck123 View Post
                    I live in West TX. I’ve set my cruise at 65-66 once to see what I could get. 250 mile round trip averaged 17.7-17.8ish. The only time I ever tried, and not worth it. I’ll take 14-15 at 80 before doing that again.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      What tunes are getting that kind of gain? I never saw near that improvement when I deleted my 15
                      Tyrant. Running just a tow tune. I was very surprised to see that kind of gain honestly. I was hoping for 2ish mpg, and was pleasantly surprised. I averaged 16.4 hand calculated for a 5400 mile road trip through the Rockies last summer, and that was spending a lot of time at 75-80 through UT, MT, and WY.

Comment

I have 37’s on mine with a 3” lift love em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m running a readylift 2.5 SST kit and really like it. I’ll text you a pic shortly. I’m running 295/65-20 (35.1 inches tall). Not super expensive but has everything you need in the kit.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                          X