No announcement yet.

Mathews Vertix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrows yes. Easton FMJ's. I've been using them for years. I like the weight, and they are tough. pricey but tough.

On the fence about going with the 4mm deep sixes. any thoughts on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpyfoot View Post
      Arrows yes. Easton FMJ's. I've been using them for years. I like the weight, and they are tough. pricey but tough.

On the fence about going with the 4mm deep sixes. any thoughts on that?
      I shoot gold tip velocity 300s. I prefer foc over total weight . I'm at 475 grains total . I shot the fmjs but had several bend a little and I dont like that..

Comment

I hear you about the bend, sometimes I'll have a good (bad) day and group exceptionally well, and hit my arrows. That's when I tend to dent and bend them.

Also if I let my kids pull arrows for me, they can bend them. Other than that I like the weight. I tend to let foc take care of itself.

I am thinking about going to 125 gr. heads though.

Comment

You know the new release is coming up in a few weeks, you may want to wait, if you still want the vertex it will probably be even cheaper then.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
            You know the new release is coming up in a few weeks, you may want to wait, if you still want the vertex it will probably be even cheaper then.
            Have you seen any specs on what they have planned or what they are calling it?

Comment

I’ve already pulled the trigger on the Vertix. I know I will not regret it. I was thinking about waiting, but I like it enough to pass on what will be.

That said I’m sure what comes next will use the same technology of the Vertix, I would bet it’s gonna be a longer axel to axel version with the switch weight mods.

I like the 30” ata. I’ve been shooting a DXT for about 10 years, so, I like the shorter bows.

Comment

I’ve already pulled the trigger on the Vertix. I know I will not regret it. I was thinking about waiting, but I like it enough to pass on what will be.

That said I’m sure what comes next will use the same technology of the Vertix, I would bet it’s gonna be a longer axel to axel version with the switch weight mods.

I like the 30” ata. I’ve been shooting a DXT for about 10 years, so, I like the shorter bows.
                Just went from a DXT to Vertix about a month ago, absolutely love it

Comment

Originally posted by DZM View Post
                  Just went from a DXT to Vertix about a month ago, absolutely love it
                  Glad to hear that. I've ben on the fence all year.

Comment

I love mine, its 75# and its a slayer. I ended up getting 60# and 65# mods in 2 different draw lengths to play with this offseason.... yes I have 5 sets of Vertix mods.. Great bow, very quiet, holds well, tunes well, very maneuverable.

Comment

I’m anxiously awaiting new bow lineups. You will love that bow, good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                        I shoot gold tip velocity 300s. I prefer foc over total weight . I'm at 475 grains total . I shot the fmjs but had several bend a little and I dont like that..
                        70 lb draw? How fast is it also?

Comment

You will love it. I upgraded in January from a Z7 and I didnt think it could be much better but it is night and day. I got the 75lbs with 80% let off. set up right now at 70lbs shooting an easton FMJ with 100gr tip total weight is about 502 grains. and it shoots 296fps right now im a 30.5"

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                            70 lb draw? How fast is it also?
                            75 lb draw 29 inch draw length 293 on the shop chronograph I just looked at my notes ..
                            Last edited by jds247; 10-12-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

You are all right. I LOVE the bow. Unbelievably quiet, and you can't feel the release at all.

Got it at 70#, and ordered the 65# mods, both at 80% let off.

I went with the Carbon Express Maxima SD arrows. Total weight with 100 gr. tips is 453 grains. Haven't chronoed it yet, but I will when I get the time.

Working 7-12's doesn't leave me much time. I do squeeze off a few every evening before dark though.

Again, I LOVE this bow!

Comment

Working...
                              X