paper tuning bowtech convergence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paper tuning bowtech convergence

a buddy picked up a bowtech convergence 29" and 62ish lbs draw. goldtip hunter 340 cut to 29" with blazer vanes. QAD ultra rest. we are getting a tail right paper tear and out of room to move the rest left. we have tried raising and lowering the overall center shot and has not resolved the tail right paper tear. anyone have any input would be greatly appreciated.

Check for excessive cam lean towards cable slide. Also check the cable rod. It may be loose.
    Last edited by rocky; 10-10-2019, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
      Check for excessive cam lean towards cable slide. Also check the cable rod. It may be loose.
      i did notice a very slight cam lean on both cams. is there a way to correct cam lean on this system?

i will have to check the cable slide when i get a chance this evening

Comment

Not sure about that bow but with my destroyer I can yoke tune it to take out the cam lean.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Brought'em View Post
          Not sure about that bow but with my destroyer I can yoke tune it to take out the cam lean.
          no yoke on this cam system

Comment

There will and should be slight lean towards cable rod at brace. Look at where the string intersects grip. Should be basically right down the middle.

Comment

We’re you able to resolve this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                We’re you able to resolve this issue?
                didnt get to mess with it the past 3 days, going to try and get back at it this evening.

thanks again for your input

Comment

My $0.02

1). Find center shot: This can be set by measuring from the back of the riser to the arrow and then from the front of the riser to the arrow. Once this is equal, you are at the center shot. Keep in mind, not all bows tune at exact center shot due to the variances in arrow spine and your specific bow poundage. This is merely a starting point.

2). Paper time: If it has a sight, take it off. You won't need it for this and it can actually throw you off. Send some arrows through paper. If you aren't getting bullet holes with the initial center shot set, and you can't get bullet holes by making MICRO adjustments left or right then I would try the following.

Tail Left try using a weaker spined arrow.
                  Tail Right try using a stiffer spined arrow.

3). Next steps: If you still haven't been able to solve the issue by doing the above, then you may actually have some cam lean. If I'm not mistaken, Bowtech has the convergence set up to adjust cam lean with a simple Hex key.

Excited to see how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
                  X