Headed to Brownsville for work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed to Brownsville for work.

Will be building rocketships for Space X.
    But I'll need some things to do on days off , so where's the fishin and huntin hot spots , good eats?

It must be a poor life that achieves freedom from fear.

Head down to Padre Island and fish in the bay for trout, redfish and flounder. Hunting. Well, plenty of places down there during the season especially white wings. Lots of good Mexican food places. Just go to any restaurant that doesn't have an English name. Fresh seafood is all over.

Comment

Don’t take anything down there you for sure want to return with.

Comment

I live in the neighboring city, fish the bayside for trout red and flounder, hit the east cut for some big fish. Hunting well during hunting season put in for drawings and as far as dove season if you’re still down here you can tag along with me.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
          I live in the neighboring city, fish the bayside for trout red and flounder, hit the east cut for some big fish. Hunting well during hunting season put in for drawings and as far as dove season if you’re still down here you can tag along with me.
          I hope I'm not there that long but if I am I'll take you up on that.

Comment

If you don’t speak Spanish, I found the best restaurants on the border were the ones I had to point at the picture of the food hanging on the wall because they didn’t speak English. If you want sour cream with your fajitas, I suggest learning to say sour cream in Spanish, never was able to get that on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
              If you don’t speak Spanish, I found the best restaurants on the border were the ones I had to point at the picture of the food hanging on the wall because they didn’t speak English. If you want sour cream with your fajitas, I suggest learning to say sour cream in Spanish, never was able to get that on the side.
              There's an app for that!!!

Comment

I’m a lily white block headed German and will be in Brownsville till Thursday. I’ll let you know if I find any good eats, and how safe I feel.

Comment

Keep on going past SpaceX and fish boca Chica. Untouched beach before space x started their operation.

Go south when you hit the beach and you can fish where the Rio Grande meets the gulf, go left and you can fish the boca jetties and South Bay

If you ever get some time to eat in Port Isabel, try Joe’ oyster bar for some great fresh seafood.
                  Last edited by BigRed323; 02-10-2020, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                    Keep on going past SpaceX and fish boca Chica. Untouched beach before space x started their operation.

Go south when you hit the beach and you can fish where the Rio Grande meets the gulf, go left and you can fish the boca jetties and South Bay

If you ever get some time to eat in Port Isabel, try Joe’ oyster bar for some great fresh seafood.
                    Wading in South Bay is top notch. I’ve caught many red and trout like that.

Comment

If ya like shrimp...Dirty Al's

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                        Are we all invited?!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
                          Are we all invited?!
                          No kidding! I’ve got family in The Valley and visit often.

September will be here before you know it!

Comment

Check out Good on Central boulevard if you like Italian. It's been there since the 70s.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

EZ to Go Tacos. They sell by the dozen, more like flautas but not fried. Sweet nectar.

Comment

Working...
                              X