White settlement Church shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
    not for the church but for their friends and families,,, these guys did not give it for a belief
    to some people, and I believe to those who seek Jesus together at that church family- that is one in the same.

Comment

Originally posted by TGKIL View Post
      2017, guns are illegal in church, 46 people shot with 26 fatalities in a church in Sutherland Springs. Gunman wasn’t engaged until he left the church.

2019, guns are legal in church, 2 people shot before the gunman was neutralized in 6 seconds and within feet of where he fired his first shot.

I think Texas is headed in the right direction Beto.

Horrible event, and my family will be praying for all involved in this tragedy.
      Uh no. You have been able to carry in a church for long before 2017. The difference is a congregation armed and ready and one not.

Comment

Good points. I believe it's safe to say that those of us ordinary civilians who carry everywhere we go may have grown just a bit too comfy with relying on our weapon and not thinking about alternatives for different scenarios.
        I'm not questioning those guys at all, I'm just saying your points have made me think about some things. I just hope that I have nearly as much bravery as those guys and wouldn't just stand there and **** myself.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by bakin7005; 12-31-2019, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          Uh no. You have been able to carry in a church for long before 2017. The difference is a congregation armed and ready and one not.

It was against the law for LTC holders to carry in church prior to September 1, 2019.

Comment

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/05...rland-springs/

It was against the law for LTC holders to carry in church prior to September 1, 2019.
            No it wasn't. It was several years ago (like 20 or so), but then an exception to that exclusion was put into law 20 years ago, making it legal to carry in church. Last year's bill just removed the outdated exclusion and then the exception to it, which just made the law less confusing. But it was still legal to carry in church before last year.

Comment

Lefty here. Otw for me as well. Have a Fobus that I carry my Glock 22 in. The man that took a blast in the chest is Superman imo. He faced death and tried to defend others while doing it. No one can say how they will respond in that given situation but training does help. Can’t remember who said this but it is so very true: “had you known you were gonna die today you would have trained harder yesterday”.

Comment

The most important thing that we all need to do is to learn from what just happened. Learn from the video. Take the knowledge with you from this point forward and make changes in your daily walk. Maybe make changes at your church. Maybe go ahead and get your license to carry. Maybe change where you carry and what you carry. Maybe take some additional classes. Maybe even change or confirm who you vote for in the next election. I will make some definite changes based upon what I saw in the video. Obviously, as clearly defined in these post, there are different perspectives on what could have or should have been done differently.The question is, what changes are you going to make?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  Your observation is spot on, I’m not a fan of open carry....
                  Same here.

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                  It's what Hoffa says in "The Irishman" Knife you run, gun you lunge.

I finally watched the video and boy does it make me want to throw my LCP away and get rid of carrying pocket pistols.
                  If I have my hand in my pocket it's pretty quick to draw. But not so otherwise.

When you need one it for sure needs to be in your hand. With the Glock 43 in a pocket holster that's extra time. So I bought a NAA .22 mag with a 3/4" barrel I can carry in a closed hand concealed. Not the best solution but its something in my hand.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                      not for the church but for their friends and families,,, these guys did not give it for a belief
                      Yeah right man. You think they are a paid security detail? They are shepherds protecting their sheep so that they MAY ALL worship in peace.

There’s been a few ignorant comments on this thread and yours might just take the cake.
                      Last edited by HoustonHunter; 12-31-2019, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                        No it wasn't. It was several years ago (like 20 or so), but then an exception to that exclusion was put into law 20 years ago, making it legal to carry in church. Last year's bill just removed the outdated exclusion and then the exception to it, which just made the law less confusing. But it was still legal to carry in church before last year.

The written law still prohibited carrying firearms in a church prior to SB 535. Whether it was enforced or not, it was still illegal according to state law.

Look, my original point was that Beto thinks Texas is moving backwards, and I think Texas is leading the charge when it comes to sensible 2nd Amendment regulations. That’s all I’m trying to say...

Happy New Year’s to you all, and I’m praying for the West Freeway Church of Christ family.

Comment

The written law still prohibited carrying firearms in a church prior to SB 535. Whether it was enforced or not, it was still illegal according to state law.
                          A bill was passed in 1997 by the Texas Legislature that removed places of worship from the list of place where carrying firearms is prohibited. It's been legal to carry in church since 1997. It's not a matter of it not being enforced. The law was changed in 1997, and it's been completely legal to carry in church for the last 22 years.

Your confusion about it is the very reason that they passed the new law last year that removed the confusing language. Nothing changed about the legality of carrying in church last year. They just cleaned up the language so it wouldn't confuse some folks anymore. You can read up on it if you care to. Doesn't really matter though. Carrying in church has been legal since '97, and it still is.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            A bill was passed in 1997 by the Texas Legislature that removed places of worship from the list of place where carrying firearms is prohibited. It's been legal to carry in church since 1997. It's not a matter of it not being enforced. The law was changed in 1997, and it's been completely legal to carry in church for the last 22 years.

Your confusion about it is the very reason that they passed the new law last year that removed the confusing language. Nothing changed about the legality of carrying in church last year. They just cleaned up the language so it wouldn't confuse some folks anymore. You can read up on it if you care to. Doesn't really matter though. Carrying in church has been legal since '97, and it still is.

Thanks for clearing it up Shane. Happy New Year’s, and let’s move on.

Comment

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/05...rland-springs/

Negative.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                                Negative.

Shane beat you to the punch, ol buddy.

Let’s move on please.

Comment

Working...
                                X