White settlement Church shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    I use a Vedder lighttuck with claw attachment. It’s just kydex. Probably more comfortable options since it’s rigid but it’s minimal and I got used to it quick. I’m not sure I could get used to the hybrids as I don’t wear an undershirt ever. Leather, suede, Or neoprene backer would get hot to me

Everyday is a Glock 48 and if a small option is needed I’ll just grab my wife’s Glock 42. Both disappear easily
    Thanks! I'll check it out.

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
    Go for it. Appendix carry is fantastic. With the right kydex holster and belt, it is very comfortable. I had somebody try to jack my truck a couple of years ago. Had I not been carrying appendix, I would not have been able to get my gun out as fast as I did.
    John from the ASP channel has some pretty sound reasons why a person shouldn't use a hybrid for CC.
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Watching the video I noticed a few things.. one all had a delay of drawing their concealed weapon, especially the one who was shot first and the second man shot. Third man had enough time to draw and fire. Is open carry the best solution?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        Watching the video I noticed a few things.. one all had a delay of drawing their concealed weapon, especially the one who was shot first and the second man shot. Third man had enough time to draw and fire. Is open carry the best solution?
        Big problem with first guy was that he could draw sitting down. He had no chance when he stood to draw.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
          The facts are out and they all trained for that very scenario, with the lethal shooter being a past deputy and a current CHL/LTC instructor.

Your irrational emotional response proved to be nothing other than irrational and emotional.

Idk man. When I took my CHL about half the class were women and about half of them had very little gun knowledge. The “training” we received consisted of an off duty officer walking us through some situations where a citizen used their gun and asking if we felt it was justified. Range time consisted of a few shots at 3,7,and maybe 11yrds. Most of the ladies in the class had difficulties operating their weapon.

Not saying they shouldn’t have a license and carry a gun, in fact as a married man with two daughters I want all the women in my life to carry. I just think the CHL class we took was way short of any kind of training.

My youngest daughter starts the police academy on 1/8.

God bless those who stepped up to save their friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by lodgepole View Post
            Idk man. When I took my CHL about half the class were women and about half of them had very little gun knowledge. The “training” we received consisted of an off duty officer walking us through some situations where a citizen used their gun and asking if we felt it was justified. Range time consisted of a few shots at 3,7,and maybe 11yrds. Most of the ladies in the class had difficulties operating their weapon.

Not saying they shouldn’t have a license and carry a gun, in fact as a married man with two daughters I want all the women in my life to carry. I just think the CHL class we took was way short of any kind of training.

My youngest daughter starts the police academy on 1/8.

God bless those who stepped up to save their friends.

Jack Wilson was not JUST your regular chl/ltc instructor. I think the point being made was, these men have had more training than the “just to get my permit” type class that you obviously took.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              Jack Wilson was not JUST your regular chl/ltc instructor. I think the point being made was, these men have had more training than the “just to get my permit” type class that you obviously took.

Agree

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                I use a Vedder lighttuck with claw attachment. It’s just kydex. Probably more comfortable options since it’s rigid but it’s minimal and I got used to it quick. I’m not sure I could get used to the hybrids as I don’t wear an undershirt ever. Leather, suede, Or neoprene backer would get hot to me

Everyday is a Glock 48 and if a small option is needed I’ll just grab my wife’s Glock 42. Both disappear easily
                Vedder makes a great holster. The light tuck being my favorite from them.

Preference is appendix for me, and the N82 tactical holsters are by far the best I’ve found.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                  Vedder makes a great holster. The light tuck being my favorite from them.

Preference is appendix for me, and the N82 tactical holsters are by far the best I’ve found.

I’ve never carried appendix. Y’all have peaked my interest. I mean this with all sincerity. I have a beer belly. Will this interfere with carrying appendix? Like I said, I’m left handed so 9 o’clock IWB is where I carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Those guys r heros.
                    No way anyone can criticize a second of their actions.
                    Even though you may suspect something, no way can you ever prepare your mind for the worst when your just an average joe in a place of worship.

God bless them and their families.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyreneeward View Post
                      I’ve never carried appendix. Y’all have peaked my interest. I mean this with all sincerity. I have a beer belly. Will this interfere with carrying appendix? Like I said, I’m left handed so 9 o’clock IWB is where I carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      No sir! I feel my belly helps me conceal! 😂

Comment

White settlement Church shooting

Jack stated he took the head shot because it was the clear shot he had at the moment. Haven’t heard for sure how far the shot was, but I’m thinking around 25 feet. So roughly 8-10 yards maybe? A head shot at that distance for someone like Jack in that scenario would be pure muscle memory I’d say.
                        Last edited by Skinny; 12-30-2019, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Your observation is spot on, I’m not a fan of open carry a all though.

Concealed OWB at 3-4 o’clock or appendix IWB are both quick draw options IF you actually practice drawing and firing!

Case in point, I have carried for a long time in an all leather OWB holster, so long that it has sweat stains etc. I learned two weeks ago during practice that it had become so formed to my pistol that I could no longer draw quickly from it. It’s been replaced!

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                            Jack stated he took the head shot because it was the clear shot he had at the moment. Haven’t heard for sure how far the shot was, but I’m thinking around 25 feet. So roughly 8-10 yards maybe? A head shot at that distance for someone like Jack in that scenario would be pure muscle memory I’d say.
                            I think it was about twice that (50'). Impressive shot...even more so if it was an intentional head shot.
                            Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            Your observation is spot on, I’m not a fan of open carry a all though.

Concealed OWB at 3-4 o’clock or appendix IWB are both quick draw options IF you actually practice drawing and firing!

Case in point, I have carried for a long time in an all leather OWB holster, so long that it has sweat stains etc. I learned two weeks ago during practice that it had become so formed to my pistol that I could no longer draw quickly from it. It’s been replaced!
                            I remember reading something a few years ago about a LEO that carried in a leather holster and simply took the holster/gun on and off for so long that when it came time to draw, the gun was essentially fused to the leather. I've been careful to not leave my guns in the holster, but it's another reason I'm switching to kydex for my cc weapon(s).
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Honestly, as point blank as the guys were, would tackling the perp been a better option than drawing on him? No way can I put myself in their shoes, neither could any of us, but seems like that could have kept him from drawing his shotgun and taking shots.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                                Honestly, as point blank as the guys were, would tackling the perp been a better option than drawing on him? No way can I put myself in their shoes, neither could any of us, but seems like that could have kept him from drawing his shotgun and taking shots.
                                It's what Hoffa says in "The Irishman" Knife you run, gun you lunge.

I finally watched the video and boy does it make me want to throw my LCP away and get rid of carrying pocket pistols.

Comment

Working...
                                X