White settlement Church shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    Me too. Same holster for both. Appendix is a little faster - especially if I have on layers.
    Yep. Definitely best in a dress up situation for me if a shirt is tucked in and jacket added to the mix

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      I use the same holster with claw attachment in appendix and 4-5 o’clock. All are pretty quick pulls. 4 and appendix fastest and 4 o clock most comfortable of those two especially if sitting much
      Originally posted by Shane View Post
      Me too. Same holster for both. Appendix is a little faster - especially if I have on layers.
      Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      Yep. Definitely best in a dress up situation for me if a shirt is tucked in and jacket added to the mix
      Mind if I ask what brand holster and cc of choice? I've been debating switching to appendix. Having versatility is more ideal.

I'd prefer to carry OWB, but of course it's not always an option, especially in summer.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Yea they won't be talking about this shooting in the mainstream media.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Mind if I ask what brand holster and cc of choice? I've been debating switching to appendix. Having versatility is more ideal.

I'd prefer to carry OWB, but of course it's not always an option, especially in summer.
          I use a Vedder lighttuck with claw attachment. It’s just kydex. Probably more comfortable options since it’s rigid but it’s minimal and I got used to it quick. I’m not sure I could get used to the hybrids as I don’t wear an undershirt ever. Leather, suede, Or neoprene backer would get hot to me

Everyday is a Glock 48 and if a small option is needed I’ll just grab my wife’s Glock 42. Both disappear easily

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
            A couple of them swept half of the congregation with their muzzle. I am as pro 2A as anyone but my biggest fear is all of the concealed guns that will come out if someone pulls a gun at my church! Old ladies, people with no training and people who don’t train/practice at all in a room with 1500 people in it is scary!
            id want as many good guys on my side as possible, easy to say that from a keyboard in a comfy seat...if you're in that situation without means of defending yourself and you look over and see someone has a gun and trying to defend themselves and yourself, you wouldn't care about all that at that point....

Comment

6 seconds. The threat was neutralized in 6 amazing seconds. I know two good guys are dead, but that is remarkable. Unarmed folks got down and good guys with guns took control. It could have been SO much worse.

This shooting prompted discussion this morning regarding our security. We are a church just north of 1,000 and are fortunate to be able to pay an armed uniformed deputy to be in our foyer with his cruiser visible in the drive. We believe that this deters >95% of potential threats. We also have a team with radios, some of who are active law enforcement, who look for oddities like this. They don't wear uniforms or vests and are only known to be security to a handful of folks at church. Some have CHLs and are armed (their choice, they are not our armed response team) and the LEOs are also armed. Except for the uniformed officer, all are concealed. For these reasons, I am certain an active shooter wouldn't last 6 seconds.

I am so thankful for those who the heart for being a sheepdog. You get no thanks or notice until you save someone from certain harm. You feel the responsibility to take action because you have the ability to take action and for that I am truly thankful.

Comment

Good bless Mr jack. Did y'all see the little Asian lady jump right into his line of site? Holy crap she jumped up at exactly the wrong time. Must have barely missed her and if the shot hadn't killed him she was his next obvious target.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  Interested to hear if they found anything of interest in the homeless guy’s home.

Comment

A couple of them swept half of the congregation with their muzzle. I am as pro 2A as anyone but my biggest fear is all of the concealed guns that will come out if someone pulls a gun at my church! Old ladies, people with no training and people who don’t train/practice at all in a room with 1500 people in it is scary!
                    It's called trigger control. Scan with your eyes and keep that barrel pointed down range towards the threat. The 10 rules of gun safety do not apply to combat and gun fights. They hadn't verified the threat was down therefore they did the right thing by keeping the muzzle pointed in his direction and their fingers off the trigger.

I am thankful that this church had a plan and had members in the congregation with training.
                    Last edited by yotethumper; 12-30-2019, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                      I don't know if it was a luck or God guided shot, or both, but glad the bullet hit where it did. I doubt the guy was attempting a headshot from across the room.

I don't think it really mattered where the first guy would have drawn from. The shooter already had the shotgun pointed his direction. He died a hero causing the shooter attempt to take out the security before his mass shooting.

I hope I'm never shot, but I would rather it is from friendly fire than an uncontested shooter. That can, and does, happen with LE as well.
                      Maybe a little of both? One article i read said he was the Owner/President of On Target shooting range, a shooting instructor, and at one time, a Sheriff. I'm sure he was confident in his abilities. But I have no doubt that God had a hand in saving the lives of the rest of the congregation.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Go for it. Appendix carry is fantastic. With the right kydex holster and belt, it is very comfortable. I had somebody try to jack my truck a couple of years ago. Had I not been carrying appendix, I would not have been able to get my gun out as fast as I did.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                          It's called trigger control. Scan with your eyes and keep that barrel pointed down range towards the threat. The 10 rules of gun safety do not apply to combat and gun fights. They hadn't verified the threat was down therefore they did the right thing by keeping the muzzle pointed in his direction and their fingers off the trigger.

I am thankful that this church had a plan and had members in the congregation with training.
                          Exactly. In a gun fight the ten rules mean nothing. Last thing on any of those folks mind in the moment was oh no I better get to a place where I won't sweep some one before I draw and address the problem at hand. Can't tell you how many pigs and coyotes have been shot over my head. To the right of me or left of me with me down range. And have done the same several times with buddies down range don't be stupid and keep your bugger hook off the bang switch and won't be a problem.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post
                            apparently the guy that took him down was former FBI
                            Looking like this turned out to be fake news.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                              Looking like this turned out to be fake news.

Sure does . I read that he was on 2 different places . Looks like they were both wrong .

Comment

The facts are out and they all trained for that very scenario, with the lethal shooter being a past deputy and a current CHL/LTC instructor.

Your irrational emotional response proved to be nothing other than irrational and emotional.

Comment

Working...
                                X