Christmas Traditions.... What are y'alls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigL View Post
    Mine is to drink whiskey while assembling everything tonight and correct my mistakes tomorrow morning!

As a family, it's to go looking at lights together. We like the ones at Fort Hood BLORA and Marble Falls the best. For BLORA, we take a thermos of hot chocolate, cups, blankets, etc. and the kids ride in the bed of truck wrapped in blankets drinking hot chocolate and looking at the lights.

Kids also get a new pair of PJs, bake cookies for santa, etc.
    Y'all need to go Checkout San Saba and Goldthwaites lights

Comment

My wife, daughter and I open our Christmas Eve PJ's, put them on and then I read Luke chapter 2. I also read it on Christmas Day before I say the blessing for the family dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        Y'all need to go Checkout San Saba and Goldthwaites lights
        Funny you say San Saba. I hunt right next to them but usually the family doesn't come with me. Next year I'll try to drag them up at least once with me.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
          Funny you say San Saba. I hunt right next to them but usually the family doesn't come with me. Next year I'll try to drag them up at least once with me.
          I was surprised myself but they do a bang up job

Comment

Jen and I get naked and throw them little baby dill pickles at each other.

Merry Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

Merry Christmas.
              Well Curt as long as she ain't throwing those little blue pills you should be good. Merry Christmas Curt!!!

Comment

With my dads side of the family we always have tamales for Christmas Eve lunch, open presents and then drink too much. On that side of the family we always open gifts from youngest to oldest. Years ago I was one of the first ones, but as all of the cousins have had kids (except me) it has turned into a two hour ordeal where we all get to sit around and watch everyone open their gifts!!

Comment

Here are my girls, my middle daughter's boyfriend, and their dog in their PJ's tonight.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    Well Curt as long as she ain't throwing those little blue pills you should be good. Merry Christmas Curt!!!
                    Pfffft.....no. Good genes, i suppose. I once asked my 80 year old granddad what it was like to be too old for sex. His reply is the best I could have expected...."Son, you're gonna have to ask somebody older than me".

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

Merry Christmas.
                      You don't throw a sweet gherkin in there every once in a while?

Comment

Nathan and I jump in the pool, whether 60 degrees or 20 degrees.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

My dad passed away on Christmas Day 2004. So every year since, we have lit a candle at his grave on Christmas Eve night.

Comment

My FIL got sick back in 2000 and read the night before Christmas on tape because he didn’t think he would make Christmas and wanted to read it for his children because it was a family tradition. He made it another 15 years before passing and tonight my wife played his recording and it was a tear jerker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We always did “Christmas” on Christmas Eve, my grandpa always stayed at the drilling rigs on Christmas Day to Cover shift so some other hands could go home. This was in the 60’s and we’ve been doing ever since.

Comment

We don't have any traditions but I think we may have started one over the weekend.

Sons bday is the 23rd so we're always trying to separate Christmas and his birthday. This year we told him we'd take him and a buddy roller skating (14 and 15 yr olds). They weren't very excited but we threw in a round of sporting clays to make the guns and bullets go along

We actually picked them up and rolled to uvalde for a dove hunt with some other family members. Pretty sure we're going back next year. We had a blast!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X