Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

So was there a get together this year seems like we have not had one since Caddo Grill closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGun View Post
      So was there a get together this year seems like we have not had one since Caddo Grill closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      You missed it , but we still had one.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
        You missed it , but we still had one.

Darn, I am sorry I missed it. I have 3 surgeries this past year. Just getting back to living again it seems. How are you doing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope Whitney is getting some of this rain. I finally made my reservation for opening day its at Kimble Bend plowman didnt have what i wanted.

Comment

There has been very little run-off in most of the lakes around Texas except Twin Buttes that came up 1.07 feet. Course it's 47.68 feet low right now. And that's not a type-o.

PK has risen + .13' (or about 1.5 inches) in the last 24hr. Grandbury had come up .03 feet. And Whitney has broke even at 0.0 feet. Still 6.65 feet low.

Comment

Camped at Cedron all week, camping was good, weather except for temps was good, fishing wasn't good. Nice group of bachelor bucks in the park.

Comment

Well got my lic. and permit finally. Hope to get out and get a spot started before season starts.

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
                  Well got my lic. and permit finally. Hope to get out and get a spot started before season starts.
                  You mean ya gotta have a license and a permit?

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Not if I don’t have time to go lol

Comment

2018-2019

Howdy All -

Hopefully everyone is doing well. Will be my third season on public land, second with bow. Out scouting lately, man just like @Chino said last year, the vegetation is real and all the late summer rain is going to see it grow taller! Got a bit of scouting in this last weekend some promising signs for sure. Also, came across several old deer carcass, including one buck... never like finding them that way. Most fun part of the weekend was having 17 turkey's pace me down the road while leaving.

Comment

I'll find out if I'm going to be working or scouting tomorrow in about an hour.im ready for the season to start!

Comment

I might gather up my Canada dequees tomorrow. And get the boat loaded up. Early Canada season starts tomorrow along with the early teal.

Comment

I'll be chasing the teal somewhere Sunday morning. Won't be on the right side of IH35 to chase the Canadas so I'll have to give them a pass unfortunately.

Comment

I've never hunted geese or teal. Have barely duck hunted. Was thinking of trying dove in the am if not raining

Comment

Originally posted by Bow in Hand View Post
                                I'll be chasing the teal somewhere Sunday morning. Won't be on the right side of IH35 to chase the Canadas so I'll have to give them a pass unfortunately.
                                Yep! Gotta be on the "right" side.

Comment

Working...
                                X