Anybody hunting Amistad early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody hunting Amistad early

Just wanting to know if anybody was going to be at Amistad early in the year. I think the first time I will be able to go will be around the 10th of October. I have a bass tournament down there this weekend and am going to try to do some scouting.

Looks like a great spot if you're close by or can camp for a week

Comment

I'm going to try and hunt there this year, never been, but I've heard its a good place. And you can't beat the price.

Comment

I am going to try some time in the middle of october.

Comment

I am also shooting for sometime in the middle or end of October, then again for about a week in November. I've never been there to hunt, but I've heard it's pretty good if you can get back into the secluded areas.

If anybody has any advice, I'd appreciate it. Specifically, would a mountain bike help for traveling in? Also where is a good but reasonably priced place to stay?

Comment

i'm goning to wait til it cooler before going down.

Comment

The 3 hotels out on Hwy 90 west, I think are pretty cheap. Anglers Lodge is the first one on the right and the oldest. The next one on the right is Amistad Resort and may be the most expensive. Lake View Inn is a little farther on the left and is somewhere in between the other 2 in price. Hope that helps.

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
              I am also shooting for sometime in the middle or end of October, then again for about a week in November. I've never been there to hunt, but I've heard it's pretty good if you can get back into the secluded areas.

If anybody has any advice, I'd appreciate it. Specifically, would a mountain bike help for traveling in? Also where is a good but reasonably priced place to stay?

Comment

My brother and I are hunting there during Thanksgiving.

This will be our first year.

Have any of you guys had much luck there?

Comment

Working...
                X