Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olen.R.Burditt@usace.army.mil

Comment

Does everyone get a response from Olen, or only if you need to move or are close to someone else's space?

Comment

Thanks. I resent the email with this exact capitalization. I sent to the same address but without capitalizing. Hopefully it gets to him soon

Comment

Do you have to hang a feeder, or can you just walk in a set up a portable stand with the boundries? Obviously respecting others set up.

Comment

feeder is NOT required. However you also are not supposed to just walk in and squat. supposedly they must have your GPS coordinates on file. I'm assuming this means if you want to move later, you have to send "updated" coordinates for your new location.

Comment

I think he responds to everyone, to say nay or yeah, but since he is only one man perhaps he is a bit tied up. He goes off Email dates from what I understand so assuming you submitted your cords first you should win out in a dispute, which I am sure there will be some.

If it comes down to a dispute at my current spot and moving i'd just move. No big deal I did not setup a feeder. I just set a popup blind in a thicket area, and threw some corn on the ground, anyone walking in that area will catch on i think, though maybe they come in from a different direction and don't. It's all possible. The risk you take on public land is the way I see it.

What I suggest:

Setup your popup now, send in your cords. Throw some corn on the ground. Once approved, then go setup feeder---worst cast you lose a few dollars in corn and have to move a light popup blind.

Will be a pain to setup a feeder, fill it, then have to move--which I think some people will have to do this seeing I saw two or three full feeders really really close to each other out there--someones going to have to move I'm guessing, or share.

Comment

Whew. Finally got my set-up out this morning. Feeders and stands are thick as flies out there, but I think I got off the beaten path enough.

I apologize now If I'm mistaken and have bumped up close to someone. I'll move it as soon as I get the e-mail from Olin which I'm confident is headed my way.

Comment

What if there was a way to post a locations of the fellow hunters, but not too sure there will be many fans of that idea. I figure so we can avoid spoiling the each others hunt. I also understand people might not be a fan of disclosing their "secret spot".

Leasewall could help

just a thought.

I didnt say my thoughts were smart....

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post
                    Whew. Finally got my set-up out this morning. Feeders and stands are thick as flies out there, but I think I got off the beaten path enough.

I apologize now If I'm mistaken and have bumped up close to someone. I'll move it as soon as I get the e-mail from Olin which I'm confident is headed my way.
                    Let me know when you get a response from Olen. I emailed him my coordinates Saturday and again yesterday. I would be interested to know if you get a response first.

Comment

Originally posted by centexhunter01 View Post
                      What if there was a way to post a locations of the fellow hunters, but not too sure there will be many fans of that idea. I figure so we can avoid spoiling the each others hunt. I also understand people might not be a fan of disclosing their "secret spot".

Leasewall could help

just a thought.

I didnt say my thoughts were smart....
                      I agree! I saw these guys a mile from my set up.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Meat821 View Post
                        Let me know when you get a response from Olen. I emailed him my coordinates Saturday and again yesterday. I would be interested to know if you get a response first.
                        does your email have meat in it (don't suggest posting your email as an example if it does/does not, if it is not public already -- Ranger Olens email is already public or would not of posted it)? Maybe it is being filtered as an inappropriate word in their filters?

Comment

That's a good thought. Meat is not in my address. My email has my real name. It should not be a problem.

Was there a specific subject line we were supposed to use on our emails?

Comment

I called the COE office and learned that Ranger Burditt is out of the office Tuesday and Wednesday. That may be every week; not sure. But that would explain why I have not heard back yet.

Comment

Does anybody know how many buck tags there will be this year?

Comment

I asked Stacy about tags on Saturday as we were leaving. They had not been issued as of then.

Comment

Working...
                                X