Sam Houston closed until further notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found out today.....
    ahhh!! nooo! all the scouting..gas..time..energy...damm you hurricane IKE!..first you mess with texas..then my place... now you mess with my hunting!!! Anyone knows anywhere else to put in a hunt this weekend that is public and not to far of a drive? I'm even thinking about a day lease..but thats the last option.Thanks ahead of time!

Comment

does anyone have any pictures of deer killed here in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by brushsniper View Post
        I'm not buying the safety aspect of closing the forest down....I can understand closing the campgrounds until the sites are cleared but not the forest. The same risks of going to the forest are there everytime you go in. Theres no telling which trees are going to fall at any given time...common sense tells you to stay away from a tree that is leaning or walk around a tree that is uprooted. Severe thunderstorms cause damage as well but the forest isn't closed or evaluated after they pass through. I was planning on walk-in day hunting and purchased the APH because it is required to hunt the forest. Let's see if I'm going to get my money back for the APH since I probably won't be able to use it for the archery season.
        X2

This sounds to me like someone trying to justify the importance of their job. You all know that your Government knows better than you what's good for you! You can't take care of yourself, so they're gonna make sure you don't put yourself in danger!
        I'm pretty ticked off about this.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Coon View Post
          X2

This sounds to me like someone trying to justify the importance of their job. You all know that your Government knows better than you what's good for you! You can't take care of yourself, so they're gonna make sure you don't put yourself in danger!
          I'm pretty ticked off about this.

Dave
          X3

Comment

There will be a public forum hearing this Thursday on the Sam Houston Forest
            This is from thier website;

Thursday, Oct. 2 meeting.
            A public meeting to review maps of Hurricane Ike damage on the Sam Houston National Forest and to discuss methods of recovery including fuels reduction and other treatments will be held Thursday, Oct. 2, 2008 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Sam Houston Ranger’s Office located at 394 FM 1375 West, New Waverly, Texas.

Comment

I have to work Thursday double shift, 6AM to 10PM. I would love to be there to give those folks an ear full!

Dave

Comment

Sam Houston NF- OPEN Oct. 1 except for: Cagle, Stubblefield, Lone Star Hiking Trail, Multi Use Trail, and Scott's Ridge Day Use Area (boat ramp open).

Comment

Awsome I'm going to give them a call to verify my area has been re opened.

Comment

Working...
                  X