Ford screen not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford screen not working

The screen in my 2017 F150 isn’t working. The USB ports light up but won’t charge anything. This has happened before and turning the truck off usually fixed the issue. However, it’s been out all day. Disconnected/reconnected the battery and that didn’t fix it.

Obviously this means no radio, backup camera or navigation.

Any of y’all had this issue? Got it fixed?

Also, for all the Ford haters, I already know your response.

Do all of the buttons on the steering wheel work?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

The cruise control buttons work. And I am able to use the buttons for the screen where the speedometer is. (Miles to empty, tire pressure, etc.)

Comment

No hate bro, but the extended warranty saved my large backside 3 times when the touch screen went bad in my last F150. No more for me...

I'm pretty sure used head units are readily available and I believe Crutchfield has affordable aftermarket upgrades.

Comment

I have the extended warranty. Is that covered?

3x?! Fml
          Last edited by Ginja Ninja; 01-28-2020, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Try holding down the power off button on the dash and the forward tune button on the dash at the same time. It forces it to do a hard reset. I’m not sure if it’ll work in your case, but it unfroze the system on my Raptor.

Comment

I’ll give it a shot. Thanks!

Comment

Try leaving the battery disconnected for an extended time. 24hrs. Just pull the negative. Happened with my wife's truck. was deer hunting neighbor disconnected on Saturday, I hooked it back up on Monday to take to the dealership. Everything work right and has since. I think some of the electronics just need to discharge before reapplying power. Everything nowdays is some type of module or something.

Comment

Wife’s 2018 f150 has done this twice. They replaced two separate “modules” to fix the issue. No help on cost as they were replaced under warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 96 View Post
                    Try holding down the power off button on the dash and the forward tune button on the dash at the same time. It forces it to do a hard reset. I’m not sure if it’ll work in your case, but it unfroze the system on my Raptor.
                    Didn’t work but thanks for the input.

Comment

My 2018 had to be replaced and took nearly two weeks to get one. That tells me that it’s been a large volume problem. It’s aggravating, but not enough to quit Ford.

Comment

I have the same issue. Extended warranty covers it after your deductible. About to have my screen replaced. Wasted my money on the module update. It didn’t fix anything. My screen is frozen not blank. 2017 F-150. 39K miles.

Comment

Same thing happened in my suburban. I found out the problem could be the screen wire harness could come unplugged. Had to take off the glove box and remove a plate behind that to see the plug. It was loose.
                          Don’t know if this will help with a Ford but might look into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
                            I have the extended warranty. Is that covered?

3x?! Fml
                            Should be.Everything electrical was on mine,til it ran over 75k.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                              No hate bro, but the extended warranty saved my large backside 3 times when the touch screen went bad in my last F150. No more for me...

I'm pretty sure used head units are readily available and I believe Crutchfield has affordable aftermarket upgrades.
                              You gave up on Ford because of the touch screen?

Comment

Working...
                              X