KJO or Extreme Bowhunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charrell71 View Post
    Not sure, I've only seen some pictures. I can say the accommodations are greatly upgraded.
    Oh ok. So if you had to describe kjo, how would you rate them in terms of the animals (exotics and rams): 1)high-quantity, low-quality or 2)low-quantity, high-quality?

Comment

Hunted Extreme June 2013. The new owners were really nice guys to deal with. They were still learning the land and were stocking the place with new animals. It was a fun trip even though I only came back with a decent hog. Seen lots of animals, but what I paid to hunt was out of bow range. I'd go again for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SLVhunter23 View Post
        Oh ok. So if you had to describe kjo, how would you rate them in terms of the animals (exotics and rams): 1)high-quantity, low-quality or 2)low-quantity, high-quality?
        On the rams, I would say high quality and quantity. I've seen numerous high silver medal rams taken. On exotics, I would say average quality with above average quantity. He has good exotics with quite a few really good animals, but they are hunted hard and are really smart.

Comment

If you are coming from Colorado have you considered stopping a little sooner at the Diamond C?

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            If you are coming from Colorado have you considered stopping a little sooner at the Diamond C?
            Ive looked at diamond c but it's just not in our budget. I narrowed it down to these two because we can get 4-5 animals for less than one trophy fee at diamond c. And the only issue I have with another ranch i was interested in (the Quatro B ranch) is that they have added kill fees for the big rams and fallow. I personally want to kill a good fallow buck but I can't justify an extra $2000 just to kill a fallow and $1200 for a big ram.

Comment

Originally posted by charrell71 View Post
              On the rams, I would say high quality and quantity. I've seen numerous high silver medal rams taken. On exotics, I would say average quality with above average quantity. He has good exotics with quite a few really good animals, but they are hunted hard and are really smart.
              Oh ok. Thanks. So on a scale of 1-10 how hard would you say it would be to kill a "good" exotic (silver medal-ish) at kjo?

Comment

Oh ok. Thanks. So on a scale of 1-10 how hard would you say it would be to kill a "good" exotic (silver medal-ish) at kjo?
                It really depends on when you go. If it is green and they aren't hitting the feed, it could be really tough. If they are hitting the feeders, I would give about a 60-70% chance. He's moving his operation up to Junction, so I'm not sure how that terrain difference will affect the animals. I'm going in December, I will be able to report better then.

Comment

Kjo

Comment

Once Keith opens his new ranch it will be a better chance to get an animal its ALOT BIGGER than his place in cambelton and there will be a lot more animals. The new KJO will be the only place to hunt exotics in my opinion i wouldn't go anywhere else.

Comment

So from what I've realized from this thread is that I probably won't go wrong either way. It looks like it just depends on which ranch has an opening that works for our group. Ive had email conversations with Caleb at Extreme Bowhunting and he seems like a real genuine guy. I haven't talked to Keith yet, but everything I've seen about him says he's nothing short of top-notch. If any of you guys have success photos of fallow, axis, and blackbuck from either ranch, that would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Still up in the Air but defiantly planning to go to one sometime between Jan & end of March. Depends on when I can get my 2 adult kids together with their work schedules.

Comment

Originally posted by ahunter55 View Post
                          Still up in the Air but defiantly planning to go to one sometime between Jan & end of March. Depends on when I can get my 2 adult kids together with their work schedules.
                          Yeah we want to go some time between late October and late January. We've got tags all the way through the 3rd rifle season in CO so we cant go til those seasons are over.

Comment

Here are a couple animals taken on my two trips.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401929373.547812.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	24308957
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401929410.776467.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	24308958
                            I also missed a very nice chocolate fallow on my first trip

Comment

Do you know how big the ranch in Junction is going to be by chance?
                              Talked to Keith the other day. He said it was same size

Comment

Nice blackbuck and aoudad! Yeah my little brother wants a blackbuck, my dad and a couple of other guys want an axis, and I really want a fallow. I'd also like to shoot a good texas white dall but I I'm the only one in the group that really cares about shooting a sheep.

Comment

Working...
                                X