• Time
  • Show
Clear All

We love swai.

Lemon pepper and grilled is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Never said I was in shape!

Imagonna offer the chance for my haters to whup my arse!
      Round is a shape ;-)

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Its not grilled but find a light breading option using something outside of the standard flour. Plus portion sizing is huge as always

I did some trout like this the other day and tossed them in the oven and they were awesome.

Comment

Catfish on the grill! As said above, salmon on a cedar plank is hard to beat!

Comment

We don't do much fish I'd like too but...... Well you know

Here's what I know about it.

A couple of guys have mentioned to not over cook it. I'll concur. I'd get a thermometer colors isn't always a good indicator.

2 weeks before we left Michigan and moved to Texas my other twin brother :-) and a friend of his and I went Walleye fishing on Lake Erie I believe. Spent the day and caught it limit. My buddy gave me his catch. I sprinkled some lemon pepper seasoning on them and grilled them. Waiting for the color to change. It didn't. I grilled them for like 30 minutes. They was so over done it wasn't funny. Wife unit wouldn't eat it cause it still looked raw to her.
            That was the end of fresh fish in her house

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              Never said I was in shape!

Imagonna offer the chance for my haters to whup my arse!
              I'll be your cut man sounds like you're gonna need it [emoji3166]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

thx! ive tried tilapia and was not a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  We love swai.

Lemon pepper and grilled is awesome
                  from what ive read, its kinda like catfish. where do u get it?

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                    from what ive read, its kinda like catfish. where do u get it?
                    Nothing like catfish. It’s sweet

Brookshires has it. Don’t know about Walmart

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      Nothing like catfish. It’s sweet

Brookshires has it. Don’t know about Walmart
                      10-4 thx!

Comment

Certainly don’t forget about venison.... natural lean protein. Great for diabetics or if your overweight. I know the question was about fish but just a good reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post
                          Certainly don’t forget about venison.... natural lean protein. Great for diabetics or if your overweight. I know the question was about fish but just a good reminder.
                          I didnt, just only shot one little doe and she about gone[emoji25]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                            Get one of these to grill seasfood - https://www.homedepot.com/canvas/pep...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I grill fish all the time. I typically only put Tony Chachere's Original Creole season on the fish. I'll lightly dust the fillet on one side.

I want to say i let the grill get up to around 400 and it takes 10 to 12 minutes. You just have to watch it as you can dry a fillet out quick.

Wild Salmon is probably the most healthy fish out there.

Tilapia is a bottom feeder and not as healthy as other fish. Its right there with catfish, but again, if your goal is less red meat then its still better option when trying to cut back.

This is NOT a true statement. Tilapia are vegetarian/slime eaters NOT scavengers like some catfish species. They are by nature very healthy fish to eat if they are wild caught from fresh water lakes. Tilapia basically eat anything that is green in lakes/streams. I actually prefer the taste of them over wild caught and for sure pond raised catfish with the exception of flathead/Op catfish. The flathead catfish are predators and not scavengers like channel and blue cats are and they are THE best fish to eat IF you know how to clean 'em...

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                              Yall might want to Google "integrated chicken-fish farming". I'll never eat tilapia again.
                              The conviction in your post is enough, I trust what you've seen, and I too, will never eat tilapia again.

I went 5 years without eating chicken mcnuggets after watching how they (and fish sticks) were made, but started eating them again after seeing they changed their ways. (And if they didn't I don't want to know about it.). Still won't eat fish sticks.

Comment

Swai and Tilapia are no bueno... the worst of the worst.

Try to get wild caught as much as possible and you will be good to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X