Easy access bank fishing Lake Conroe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy access bank fishing Lake Conroe

A friend of my parents is recovering from open heart surgery, he is freaking stir crazy and wanting some place easy to access with a decent chance of catching something. He is a Coonazz so catching something he could eat would be a huge bonus.

What can y’all suggest?

Bump

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well It shouldn't be too hard to catch something he'll eat if he is a true Coonazz.

Comment

OP I would suggest the Cagle recreation area on the north end. It’s like 5 bucks to park for the day? Bathrooms , trash cans and a decent lil pier and boat ramp and dock people are always fishing from.

Lot less looney tunes at that ramp.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
            OP I would suggest the Cagle recreation area on the north end. It’s like 5 bucks to park for the day? Bathrooms , trash cans and a decent lil pier and boat ramp and dock people are always fishing from.

Lot less looney tunes at that ramp.

This is a great suggestion! Lots of good bank fishing access, even campgrounds. One thing though, FISHING OFF THE FLOATING PIER IS ACTUALLY NOT ALLOWED. If a park ranger happens by, depending on which one it is and what kind of mood he's in, there could be "issues". At the very least, you will have to leave the pier and maybe the park.

This park is somewhat on a peninsula so there's lots of shoreline for fishing, and pretty good fishing for catfish, perch, crappie, etc.

Comment

Go to cagle on the north end. They have a fishing Pier

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I would say go to the Stubblefield Lake area. Lots of bank area

Comment

If it was me, I would park on the east end of the 1375 bridge and walk down to the bridge cut and fish...I don't know how gnarly it might be with brush/weeds right now, but that would be the route I would take. It's been years since I've fished there, but I caught some nice catfish in the river bed where it cuts through, although I mostly fished at night back then

Comment

Stowaway Marina on Calvary Rd. is also good. Fish the bridge and around the bulkheads, slips, and rocks. They sell bait, have restrooms, and rent cabins if you want to stay a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      Go to cagle on the north end. They have a fishing Pier

That is NOT a fishing pier. There are signs posted "No fishing from boat dock"... They sometimes get real pizzy about folks fishin' from it... In the peak season when the park is crowded, one of the rangers makes rounds regular through the park and is constantly runnin' folks off that "pier"... Kind of stupid in a way, but also is a real pain when folks set up to fish on the pier and there's nowhere to tie off your boat to prep for the launch ramp or stage up... folks get all hot and bothered when a boat comes in to tie off on the dock and mess up their fishin' (that they're not supposed to be doin' anyway)... Had a ranger give me a bunch of grief one morning a few Winters ago 2 hours before daylignt... I was on the pier throwing my cast net to catch shad and he did not like that at all!!

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                        If it was me, I would park on the east end of the 1375 bridge and walk down to the bridge cut and fish...I don't know how gnarly it might be with brush/weeds right now, but that would be the route I would take. It's been years since I've fished there, but I caught some nice catfish in the river bed where it cuts through, although I mostly fished at night back then

There's no parking signs posted along there now , but to me, the West end is better... there's an old pond that pre-dates the lake at the West end of the bridge that is full of catfish and bass... I've personally seen multiple 10 pound+ bass in it while bowfishing the area... But that was before the grass carp ate up anything green growing in the lake and the water was clear in that area... Brush is gnarly at that end of the bridge, but there used to be a trail. Have to get someone to drop you off then go back to the West a ways to park on the side of the road...

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                          I would say go to the Stubblefield Lake area. Lots of bank area

Another great suggestion... little more "rustic" there than in the Cagle park, but fishin' is good if water is high enough...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            That is NOT a fishing pier. There are signs posted "No fishing from boat dock"... They sometimes get real pizzy about folks fishin' from it... In the peak season when the park is crowded, one of the rangers makes rounds regular through the park and is constantly runnin' folks off that "pier"... Kind of stupid in a way, but also is a real pain when folks set up to fish on the pier and there's nowhere to tie off your boat to prep for the launch ramp or stage up... folks get all hot and bothered when a boat comes in to tie off on the dock and mess up their fishin' (that they're not supposed to be doin' anyway)... Had a ranger give me a bunch of grief one morning a few Winters ago 2 hours before daylignt... I was on the pier throwing my cast net to catch shad and he did not like that at all!!
                            OH my bad[emoji23] I thought you could fish off it

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              OH my bad[emoji23] I thought you could fish off it

Well, you can IF you don't get caught... Better places around to the left from the boat dock to fish anyway... and also up the bank toward the bridge...

Comment

Working...
                              X