No announcement yet.

Asf ez-feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder hadnt ran in a couple days. Look close at the corn level and you can see it change. ALso take note of them being there all night. Think the plate just needs to be an inch or two wider right in the center. They aren't draining it but they can definitely get corn out of it.

Comment

Could be just getting the corn that spilled on the plate. dog proof traps would fix that in a hurry though.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
        Could be just getting the corn that spilled on the plate. dog proof traps would fix that in a hurry though.
        Not for multiple nights in a row. You can see the corn level rise and fall on the plate.

I actually like having the coons around. Feed heavy in the morning, hunt the mornings, coons clean up the scraps on the ground right at dark before the hogs get to it.

Comment

Toledo, thanks for posting these pics! This is exactly what is happening to mine. The bottom plate of my feeders is polished shiny where they've been reaching in and getting the corn... They can only reach the impeller pretty much right in the center. I have some 2" wide plates I had cut out of aluminum and I'm going to attach to the feeder legs extending that plate out to the edge of the feeder bin. I think that'll fix my problem.

I too don't mind having them clean up the uneaten evening feed, but if this doesn't keep them off the feeder, I'll "Duke 'em" come Spring...

Comment

Looks like you guys are experiencing some darn over achieving coons

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
              Are you sure? I don’t see how their arms can be long enough?
              100% - been monitoring the levels and my TC pics confirm. I think I’m gonna drop the plate with some spacers and longer bolts so I can install the eliminator spinner plates

Comment

Definetly some talented coons. I started using slinkies on tripod feeders and switched one spot to stand and fill ASF EZ feeder. In past 2yrs i haven't seen many coon pics on camera at all.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                  Looks like you guys are experiencing some darn over achieving coons
                  Yessir Joel, suckers have "evolved"!! I haven't broken out the Duke's on this new property yet, but after last season, I'm likely headed that way... Last time I started a "Duke 'em" program, I took out over 150 of the corn bandits in 4 months with 24 traps... Dang traps paid for themselves in reduction of corn bill!! I'd rather just "coon-proof my feeders, but as they keep "evolving", I have to keep trying to get ahead of 'em...

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
                    Definetly some talented coons. I started using slinkies on tripod feeders and switched one spot to stand and fill ASF EZ feeder. In past 2yrs i haven't seen many coon pics on camera at all.
                    I hadn’t either in Year 1 of use but over the last couple months they evolved!

Comment

I'm thinking some well placed bird stop spikes might deter some of this. I haven't checked cams in a couple weeks on mine, but if they're reaching the spinner, I'll try this. I'm hopeful the ones at my lease are genetically set up with shorter front legs.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Yessir Joel, suckers have "evolved"!! I haven't broken out the Duke's on this new property yet, but after last season, I'm likely headed that way... Last time I started a "Duke 'em" program, I took out over 150 of the corn bandits in 4 months with 24 traps... Dang traps paid for themselves in reduction of corn bill!! I'd rather just "coon-proof my feeders, but as they keep "evolving", I have to keep trying to get ahead of 'em...

Oh they’ve definitely evolved Charlie. [emoji2955]

I was told that a coon couldn’t reach a spinner plate on a 55 gal feeder barrel if you built your varmint cage at least “as wide” as the barrel. Stands to reason that they couldn’t reach it on an 85 GALLON BARREL, RIGHT???

Well....they couldn’t for a couple of years before some over-achieving, no good, west Tx Boone N Crockett, stinkin vermin figured it out! [emoji35] Then he invited all his friends, family and neighbors along as well. I hate those vile bastages!!! [emoji35]

Comment

I’ve got them starting to do it to.

Anyone know about a 12V charger we could set in there to zap their azzzzes??

Maybe like a little strip wire we could tape in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie_bowtech View Post
                            I’ve got them starting to do it to.

Anyone know about a 12V charger we could set in there to zap their azzzzes??

Maybe like a little strip wire we could tape in there.

Anyone have some ideas? I saw the idea of bird wire and I don’t want to do that because the deer eat under the feeder and get all over it.

I saw the other idea of adding a plate and I would appreciate any suggestions on how to attach a plate to the existing plate or legs without having to bring a welding machine. Some of my feeders take 4x4 rangers to the max already.

Comment

Got some 18ga sheet at lowes. Can barely cut with snips. Riveted it on. Cheap fix.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X