Smoked armadillo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
    My son and I were at the lease this weekend. He wanted to find a skull, so I took him to our bone yard. I walked up on a dead pig probly about a week in the sun. There was a dillo shoulder deep in that pigs neck, having a great time! I walked up to about two feet behind him and just watch for a while. What was he eating? Bugs? Meat? Never seen them do that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Probably the maggots....

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m out!

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
        Probably the maggots....

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

That’s kinda what I was thinking

Comment

Negative!

Comment

I hope I am never hungry enough I have to eat a dillo, but I would try it if someone else was cooking it.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
              I like the tail meat
              No lie. When I was a kid we shot one and threw it on the coals of our camp fire and went to bed. In the morning one of my more "rougher" friends went to grab the tail to pull it off the fire, and the tail pull off with a lot of pretty white meat attached. He started munching on it, and said it tasted a lot like chicken. Never will forget that.....

Comment

No way josé, that’s just plain nasty..

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
                  Was your uncles name "Jed"?

Dave
                  Haha! "Jed" was an amatuer compared to this branch of the old family tree!

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
                    Armadillo is good eats.

Leprosy is not particularly contagious because it (virtually always) takes repeated exposures to infected bodily fluids to transmit.

On the incalculably small chance that you do get leprosy...it’s curable.

Do you know the Eppenauers?

Comment

Everyone is so a scared of leprosy but hop in a car on a daily basis. Y'all really make me laugh, thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                        Everyone is so a scared of leprosy but hop in a car on a daily basis. Y'all really make me laugh, thanks guys.
                        No kidding!

I'm never sure whether to laugh or be sad over food biases and the justifications around them.

Anyone not trying new food because of their silly cultural biases are missing out!

Comment

Possum on the half shell. Makes some good BBQ. The old Lady that owned the Walking Cane Ranch where I used to hunt back in the late 60's early 70's out by Palo Pinto cooked them and rattlesnakes for us every year. I remember them tasting like chicken/pork mixed and a bit greasy but delish. She also cooked the best red beans I ever et. Cooked over an open fire in a 5 gallon cast iron pot.
                          Whatever we brought in she would cook it for us.

Comment

As for Leprosy, I have been in several leper colonies in Vietnam and neither myself or any of my 4th I.D. buddies ever came down with it. VC and NVA liked to hide ammo and weapon stashes in the colonies so we went in and searched the place. We never found any stashes but other units did. The people that had the disease were horribly disfigured. Pretty sure they contracted the disease from working in the rice paddies barefoot and living on the ground a lot.

Comment

Pass.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                                I pretty much have to get in a car on a daily basis, I don't have to eat armadillos.

Comment

Working...
                                X