Poaching or trespassing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poaching or trespassing

I was out with a buddy today hunting (jack county) and we encountered some teen boys and their dog hunting our tanks on the lease. Property line goes to edge of the tank nearly maybe 15’ before you reach the shoreline so both tanks are in our lease. Didn’t know if I felt angered or felt good for them for being out duck hunting. Told them not to shoot towards us but they were shooting at birds flying 60-80yds. They packed up up and we’re on their way when I finally got the courage to tell them they needed to leave. They realized they were probably about to get in some deep water and left before I went back over there. They were respectful, but I found it a pretty ballsy move to go out and duck hunt basically a fence line

What would’ve been the right thing to do in this scenario. I felt someone conflicted.

Another fenceline hunting thread or were they on your side??

Comment

I’d have talked to them about asking for permission and the right way to go about it. Then, I’d let them off the hook and let them hunt.

Comment

Asking them to leave sounds like the best option for a first time offense. Maybe get their name so you have it if needed in the future. Cameras in that area to see if they come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
          I’d have talked to them about asking for permission and the right way to go about it. Then, I’d let them off the hook and let them hunt.

Always try to set a good example for kids

Comment

If you don’t mind some kids duck hunting, I would probably tell them it’s not a good idea to hunt with out permission and to ask first
            And is illegal to shoot over the fence and they are heading for a meeting with the warden

^^^^ I am a slow typewriter ^^^ what was said above

Comment

This. Maybe not off the hook. Exchange some young labor for their hunt. They wanna hunt? Then guess who has to help trim brush and fill feeders.

Comment

Lord have mercy

Comment

This would of been a good route to go if not affecting your deer hunting and you dont mind them duck hunting a pond in the corner of the property. Could of met some potential help in the future for odd jobs around the place to trade for hunting that pond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’d go get my shot gun and ask em what’s the dogs name....

Comment

I grew up with access to neighboring property and we still gave the respect of asking. My dad made me ask for permission even though I already had permission, taught us how to interact with adults.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                        I’d go get my shot gun and ask em what’s the dogs name....
                        Lol. I was thinking,I would have asked them if,they wanted my old decoys.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
                          I grew up with access to neighboring property and we still gave the respect of asking. My dad made me ask for permission even though I already had permission, taught us how to interact with adults.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
                            This. Maybe not off the hook. Exchange some young labor for their hunt. They wanna hunt? Then guess who has to help trim brush and fill feeders.

Another way to run them off

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
                              Yep
                              And “ a reminder not to leave any empty hulls laying around “

Comment

Working...
                              X